The Lake Bluff Park District’s year is divided into three seasons: Fall, Winter, and Spring & Summer providing over 400 programs year round servicing infants to senior populations. Each brochure highlights a wealth of programs and special events for all age groups and interests. Seasonal events such as Bluffinia, Breakfast with Santa, Egg Hunt are just a few of the cornerstones of recreation programming your Park District offers you and your family.
Lake Bluff Park District’s ten parks/open space areas are meticulously maintained for the community’s use in both unstructured recreation and for programmed events such as baseball and tennis. The district operates 1 outdoor aquatic facility, one recreation building, golf course, fitness center, ice skating rink, paddle hut, playgrounds and two beaches (north and south).
The Board of Commissioners is composed of seven Lake Bluff Park District residents. The commissioners are elected for a four year term of office. This policy making board is responsible for establishing and maintaining the District as a corporate entity assuring adequate financing and competent staffing of the District.
The day-to-day operations of the Park District are the responsibility of the administrative staff under the direction and supervision of the Executive Director. Under the direction of the Executive Director are two Superintendents: Recreation, Safety, & Outreach Services and Facility Maintenance Services. There are also eight full-time Managers for handling day to day operations.
Lake Bluff is located in Lake County, 32 miles north of Chicago, adjacent to Lake Michigan. The population of Lake Bluff Park District residents is 8,500.
- Continuous Improvement: We are proactively moving forward to better the District.
- Community: Our activities bring people together to create a family environment.
- Stewardship: We will leave our community better than we found it.
- Service Orientation: We foster a “guest first” attitude through superior experiences and ongoing communication.
- Excellence: As leaders in the community, we strive to be the best we can be and aspire to pride, perfection and quality in all that we do.
Strengthening the spirit of community
As responsible stewards of community resources, the District will enhance the community through recreational experiences in a fun, safe, and healthy environment.