K&L Gates LLP comprises more than 2,000 lawyers who practice in fully integrated offices located on five continents: Anchorage, Austin, Beijing, Berlin, Boston, Brisbane, Brussels, Charleston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Doha, Dubai, Fort Worth, Frankfurt, Harrisburg, Hong Kong, Houston, London, Los Angeles, Melbourne, Miami, Milan, Newark, New York, Orange County, Palo Alto, Paris, Perth, Pittsburgh, Portland, Raleigh, Research Triangle Park, San Francisco, São Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney, Taipei, Tokyo, Warsaw, Washington and Wilmington.
K&L Gates represents leading global corporations, growth and middle-market companies, capital markets participants and entrepreneurs in every major industry group as well as public sector entities, educational institutions, philanthropic organizations and individuals. Our practice is a robust full market practice — cutting edge, complex and dynamic, at once regional, national and international in scope. Over each of the last five years our revenues exceeded $1 Billion.
Watch our video, "Grow Your Career at K&L Gates,” to really get a sense of what sets us apart from other law firms.
In addition to numerous specific recognitions of the firm's partners, practices, offices and markets, our recent firmwide recognitions include:
- In 2015, the UK-based market research firm Acritas, acting under the auspices of the Managing Partners’ Forum (MPF), ranked K&L Gates as one of the five best performing brands in the global legal industry.
- K&L Gates was recognized as one of the 10 strongest U.S. law firm brands, ranking eighth among ﬁrms with the highest brand equity in Acritas’ US Law Firm Brand Index 2015. K&L Gates has been included among the top 20 firms in the US Law Firm Brand Index since the survey’s inception four years ago.
- The 2015 BTI Consulting Group survey of corporate counsel (covering 650 law firms) ranked the firm #8 in its “BTI Client Service 30” marking the third consecutive year that K&L Gates was included in the elite ranking. The Client Service 30 recognizes the leading law firms in driving superior client relationships according to direct, unprompted feedback from in-house counsel at major companies.
- In 2015, Chambers USA awarded K&L Gates as an Outstanding Firm for Furthering Women’s Advancement (Recruitment, Retention and Advancement).
- K&L Gates was shortlisted by The American Lawyer magazine and UK-based general counsel as 2015 U.S. Law Firm of the Year in the publication’s inaugural Transatlantic Legal Awards, presented in London.
- In 2013, K&L Gates was selected as “Law Firm of the Year” by Mergers & Acquisitions magazine, as part of its annual M&A Mid-Market Awards. This prestigious award recognized K&L Gates for its strong performance in 2012 and its global approach to middle market mergers and acquisitions, as well the firm's continued growth into new international markets.
- The firm was named to the BTI Brand Elite 2014: Client Perceptions of the Best Branded Law Firms. In the report, K&L Gates was recognized among top law firm brands, ranking 15th out of nearly 450 firms included in the survey.
- The 2014 U.S. News-Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” survey awarded K&L Gates more than 200 first-tier rankings, including 36 national practice rankings and 169 metropolitan rankings in 18 locations, marking the fourth consecutive year that K&L Gates has been ranked among the top two law firms with the most first-tier rankings, as well as receiving the publication’s national “Law Firm of the Year” distinction for both Securities Regulation and White Collar Criminal Defense Law.
- In 2014 K&L Gates was ranked by Law360 for a fourth consecutive year within its "Global 20" as one of the “20 law firms that had the biggest global presence and handled the most large, significant and groundbreaking international and cross-border matters over the past year.”
- The October 2010 issue of The American Lawyer ranked K&L Gates first among the “Global 100” in the Recession Performance Index, which measured compound annual growth rate of revenue, revenue per lawyer, profits per partner, and lawyer headcount during the period of the Great Recession (2007 to 2009).
- The October 2014 issue of The American Lawyer ranked K&L Gates 17th among the “Global 100” in lawyer headcount.
- The October 2014 issue of The American Lawyer ranked K&L Gates 22nd among the “Global 100” in revenues.
- Peter Kalis, Chairman and Global Managing Partner of K&L Gates, was recognized in the August 2013 issue of The American Lawyer magazine as among 50 innovators who have dramatically shaped the global legal industry over the past five decades. Kalis was one of a dozen law firm leaders cited by the magazine as “master strategists” and the publication specifically noted Kalis’ leadership in making K&L Gates the first financially transparent U.S. law firm.
- In December 2013, Peter Kalis was recognized as one of the legal industry’s most innovative and groundbreaking thinkers with inclusion on The National Law Journal’s inaugural list of the “Top 50 Legal Business Trailblazers & Pioneers.”
CareersK&L Gates is committed to providing high-quality, efficient and cost-effective legal services. In meeting that challenge, K&L Gates is able to provide innovative work assignments and learning opportunities for our legal support and administrative staff in paralegal, technological, financial and other administrative fields.
Contact USK&L Gates LLP
Henry W Oliver Bldg 53
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15222