Indiana University has seven campuses, including core campuses in Bloomington and IUPUI - Indianapolis, and regional campuses in Northwest, Kokomo, Southeast, East, and South Bend.
The benefits go beyond healthcare and retirement—you'll belong to a strong, proud community of faculty and staff who support and applaud each other in all achievements, big or small, in a challenging and rewarding work culture.
Fast Facts about Indiana University
• #1 largest employer in the state
• Total student enrollment (Fall 2014): 114,370
• Total living alumni: More than 600,000, including nearly 272,000 Indiana residents
• Annual operating budget: $3.3 billion
• Employees: More than 23,000, including faculty and professional and support staff
• Research centers and institutes: More than 200
• Endowment: More than $1.988 billion
The IU Factbook offers detailed information about administration, student enrollment, academic programs, degrees conferred, facilities, and finances. Or, access a year-by-year chronology of important events in Indiana University history from the University Archives.
Indiana University is a major multicampus public research institution, grounded in the liberal arts and sciences, and a world leader in professional, medical, and technological education. Indiana University’s mission is to provide broad access to undergraduate and graduate education for students throughout Indiana, the United States, and the world, as well as outstanding academic and cultural programs and student services. Indiana University seeks to create dynamic partnerships with the state and local communities in economic, social, and cultural development and to offer leadership in creative solutions for 21st-century problems. Indiana University strives to achieve full diversity, and to maintain friendly, collegial, and humane environments, with a strong commitment to academic freedom.
Publications & ReportsAs part of its commitment to accountability, Indiana University prepares publications and reports about the teaching, research, and service activities on campuses state wide.
- Alumni Publications
- Academic Bulletins: course descriptions and degree requirements for every campus and academic program
- InsideIU: faculty and staff news
- Financial Reports
- IU Press
- IU Policies