Founded in 1929 in Holland, Mich., Holland has long been recognized for delivering the most next-day service lanes in its territory and annually records one of the lowest claim ratios in the industry. Originally committed to serving the central United States, Holland has expanded farther into the Southeast and Midwest where it continues to provide on-time reliability. Its dedicated employees have earned the prestigious Quest for Quality award from Logistics Management magazine every year since the mid-1980s.
Holland provides full-state regional delivery in 12 states and 2 provinces: Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kentucky; Michigan; Minnesota; Missouri; North Carolina; Ohio; South Carolina; Tennessee; Wisconsin; and Ontario; Quebec, Canada. We provide direct, regional delivery in large markets in nine states: Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kansas, Nebraska, New York, Pennsylvania, South Dakota and West Virginia. Holland also provides service to additional points in the northeastern United States through a partnership with its sister company New Penn and to additional points in the western United States through a partnership with its sister company Reddaway.
- Founded in 1929 in Holland, Mich.
- Acquired by TNT Ltd. in 1985; TNT became USF in 1996
- Became part of YRC Worldwide (YRCW) in 2005
Facilities and Equipment
- 57 service centers including 4 in Canada
- 7,119 Trailers
- 4,208 Tractors
- Liftgate service available at most service centers
- Scott D. Ware, president
- Over 8,000 employees
- 146 account executives
With regional expertise, quality handling and on-time performance, Holland is the leader in next-day delivery in the Midwest. We annually record one of the lowest claims ratios, deliver 99.8% of shipments damage free and have won the Quest for Quality Award annually since its inception.
Of course, being the best in the business takes the best employees in the business. So Holland offers an attractive compensation package, flexible workplace and growth opportunities - all of which make it a great place to build a career. Perks include:
- Competitive pay compared to other leading transportation companies.
- Robust benefits package that includes sick/vacation pay and a 401(k) plan
- Stable business environment as we've been around for 85+ years
- Low turnover with 15-year average employment
- Modern facilities and equipment that are safe and well maintained
- Growth opportunities that recognize employee contributions
- Driver Training Program for those who are missing some endorsements and/or experience, but do have their CDL Class A
- More next-day service lanes than any other competitor in its region
- Highly reliable on-time performance
- 0.44 percent claim ratio
- 99.8 percent of shipments delivered damage-free