Our commitment starts and ends with you, our customers. For over 75 years, we’ve operated our business with a single goal in mind: delivering unmatched selection, quality and value. Our story starts in 1936 when N.M. Cohen and Samuel Lehrman founded Giant Food Inc. and opened Washington, DC’s first supermarket. Since then, we’ve continued to grow and innovate, pioneering computer-assisted checkout scanning and opening over 150 stores throughout Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia.
Whether this is your first job or the next adventure in your career, there really isn’t a better place to work. Why? We’re committed to your total wellness, our schedules are flexible and if you’re up for it, there’s plenty of room to move up and around. Come see for yourself! We need great people for entry level and management positions in our stores, distribution operations and corporate support offices. Giant could just be the place for you.
Great Place To Work
It’s not often you hear the words “amazing” and “work” in the same sentence. But trust us – you’ll hear it a lot at Giant. Employees love it here! It’s fast, it’s fun and it’s rewarding.
Check out what else we have to offer:
- • Total Wellness: Are you looking for a company that cares about you not only at work, but outside of it too? Well, you found it. Your wellness is a priority for us and we know it’s imperative to provide programs that support both you and your family. To us, that means we must invest in programs that support your personal and financial well-being. It’s simply the right thing to do. And, it helps us deliver on our promise to be a Better Place to Work.
- • Training and Education: We offer on-the-job and online training, tuition reimbursement and scholarship programs so you can take higher learning into your own hands.
- • Potential to Move Up: Want to grow within a company? If you do your job well, we’ll give you the opportunity. We fill 80% of our open positions by promoting Associates who already work with us.
- • A Chance to Give Your Feedback: We do annual Associate surveys to understand what it’s really like to work here. We learn from the results and share them with you and then we make sure to fix the things that aren’t working. If you have something on your mind in the meantime, there’s no need to wait a year to tell us. We’re always here to listen.
- • Diversity: Giant is a place where everyone is welcome. Diverse people, ideas and experiences make us a better, more interesting place to work and shop.
- • A Passion for Food: Did we mention the food? If you are passionate about food, Giant is the perfect place for you whether you want a store management job, you’re the corporate type or you want to deliver great customer service in-store.