For 26 years, Gaskins Search Group and Temporaries Now has been the nation's finest and most respected supplier of quality people to America's premier firms.
To place the finest candidates with the best organizations while upholding the highest professional standards of ethics.
We supply the region's distinguished organizations with file clerks, receptionists, administrative assistants, mail room experts, office managers, and human resource professionals. Additionally, we supply a full range of cleared and non-cleared information technology specialists, subject matter experts, purchasing and acquisition professionals, program and project managers, facility security officers, graphic design specialists, translators, facilities engineers, technical writers, and other senior level professionals.
What Makes Us Unique?
1. At least two professionals from our staff interview each candidate.
2. We use an in-house Intelli-Check device to verify the validity of ID's.
3. We verify the accuracy of the highest academic degree accomplishment or study level listed by every applicant.
4. We verify the social security number of every candidate.
5. We administer a Myers-Briggs assessment to every applicant and review the results with them.
6. For nearly 24 years, we have been authorized by the U.S. Government to provide employees that meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
7. We provide staffing solutions for entry-level to executive-level professionals.
The CTS after our names stands for Certified Temporary-Staffing Specialist. The designation is earned by passing a written examination overseen and updated by the National Association of Personnel Services.
Dale Abrams, CTS, Chairman and C.E.O.
A Washington, D.C. native, Dale possesses a B.S. degree with dual majors in Applied Mathematics and Computer Science; the majors blend perfectly with his 40 years of seasoned business practice. His prior experience includes Chief Operating Officer of a $15 million wholesale produce firm and President of a $75 million service firm, which was a division of a billion dollar public company.
His industry expertise includes serving as a member of the Board of Directors of the National Association of Personnel Services (NAPS) for over four years, from 1997-2001. During his tenure there, he received awards for his first year of board service, his work on the ethics committee and outstanding leadership in committee chairmanship. Dale was instrumental in strengthening the NAPS Code of Ethics, giving our clients more protection than any other industry trade association. He felt this was necessary to protect both the clients our industry depends upon, and the integrity and reputation of the industry itself.
As the founder and owner of this firm, Dale's commitment to quality placements is the foundation of our excellent reputation. He created our unique ethics code which forbids us from making a placement that does not meet all of the needs of the client. His extensive Management and Human Resource experience is why he is able to readily come up with alternatives for otherwise intractable staffing problems. Finally, he never rests in pursuing continual improvement in the quality of service we provide to all of our wonderful clients and candidates.
Dale is the Immediate Past Chairman of the Children of Tibet Trust Foundation, a local nonprofit helping the children of Tibet with education, vocational training, conservation, and ecology. He remains actively involved in assisting the organization.
Harrison Worthen, CTS, Staffing Director
Harrison is a native of Northern Virginia. He recently graduated from Virginia Tech with a B.S. in psychology and a minor in statistics. He joined Gaskins Search Group & Temporaries now as an in-house temp in August of this year. His ability to pick up new things quickly led to him being named temp of the month for August.
During college he spent a summer working for the Potomac Nationals, which for a lifelong baseball fan was a blast. As a student at Virginia Tech he not only worked part time in the dining hall but also became a student teaching assistant for a statistics class of 300 students. His passion for helping others made the teaching assistant position a perfect fit. He grew up spending a week or two each summer out on his grandfather's farm in Ohio, learning everything from how to plant crops, repair farm equipment, and even how to get a nearly century old tractor back up and running. All of those summers learning on the family farm paid off when he worked on the Virginia Tech college farm.
In his free time Harrison enjoys a wide array of activities including hiking, camping, working on cards and tractors, watching sports (especially his younger brother play), target shooting, and freshwater fishing. If the Hokies are playing football you can bet money he is either in Lane stadium or watching on TV, wishing he was there.
- Every Temporaries Now employee that we interview in our office and is hired directly by one of our clients as a regular employee, through our firm, will receive a $100 gift certificate.
- Every Temporaries Now employee hired, while temping through our firm, by one of our clients, will receive a $50 gift certificate.
- Once each month we give $10.00 in gift certificates (Starbucks, AMC Theaters, Shell Gas, Macy's, Target, Baskin-Robbins, Best Buy, etc.) to all working temps!
- At no cost to you, Temporaries Now will gladly provide direct deposit service for you, to the U.S. financial institution of your choice.
- You can earn up to two weeks paid time off per year!
- You can earn holiday pay for the following days: New Years, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas.