For over four generations, First Bank has enjoyed a legacy of strength, agility, and long-term perspective. Since 1910, we have remained dedicated to serving the communities in which we operate with an unwavering commitment.
This commitment began over 100 years ago in a small, rural community in St. Louis to help local clients reach their financial goals. And, although First Bank has grown to be one of the largest family-owned banks in the country, the steadfast commitment to serving our clients—and treating them like family—still remains the same.
From Main Street America to large-scale metropolitan areas, First Bank continues to be a vital part of the communities in which we serve. At First Bank, you’ll find the products and offerings typically only found with larger, publicly held financial institutions. Quite simply, we’re big enough to provide the products and services you need, but small enough to provide caring, personal service. At First Bank, our clients become part of the family.
We offer competitive benefits to our employees that meet their physical, emotional and financial wellness. We offer programs and services designed to provide you with security for today and a plan for tomorrow. Options include a 401(k) plan for full-time and part-time employees, short term and long term disability income protection, term life coverage including basic life, supplemental life, dependent life and personal accidental death and dismemberment, and long term care options.
Our comprehensive benefits are designed to attract and retain highly qualified and engaged employees. We place great value on the people who work at First Bank. You represent the face of our company!
- The wellness benefits below are available to all full-time employees and their eligible dependents.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Paid Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Long Term Care
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- This plan gives eligible employees the opportunity to save through pre-tax deductions each pay period. The plan is a safe harbor, which means that the company match is automatically vested as soon as you receive it. We match $1 for $1 on the first 3% of compensation and $0.50 on the next 2% of compensation.
Work & Life Balance
- Employees are paid for 10 bank holidays per year.
- Employees are eligible to accrue vacation days based on continuous years of service.
- Many employees are eligible to accrue sick time. The amount of time accrued may vary by location or position type.
- Full time employees are granted one personal day per calendar year.
Life Assistance Program
- This program is available to all employees and their immediate family members. It provides various support services including but not limited to emotional, financial and legal counseling.
- Training Classes & Leadership Development
- First Bank offers a wide variety of career development courses internally to assist employees in their personal and professional development.
- Referral Bonus Program
- Employees who refer qualified hires may be eligible to receive a Referral Bonus provided they meet the established criteria.
- Banking Accounts/Services
- First Bank provides free personal accounts to all eligible employees. These accounts include free checks, numerous banking services, a First Bank Debit Card and access to online banking and mobile banking.
Would you like to be a part of a growing company that is truly committed to its employees and customers? Then consider joining the First Bank family. As a member of our family you are part of one of the largest independent banks in the U.S. We are proud of our growth and success over the past 100 years and look forward to a bright and promising future.