In 1928, two men shared a dream of providing a quality insurance product at a reasonable price. In the decades that followed we’ve grown and adapted to meet the changing needs of Americans. But one constant has remained: We have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading products and first-rate services to the customers we’re privileged to serve.
Different Eras, Same Exceptional Service
Farmers not only prides itself on helping you plan wisely for the unexpected, but also on helping restore order when it occurs, so you can keep moving along the road of your life’s plans.
In 1959 a Farmers customer wrote us a letter of surprised gratitude when his car battery was replaced just an hour after it was stolen. A letter from a couple in 2002 wrote that their Farmers agent and Claims Adjuster “were exceptional in their handling of our grief, what we needed to do, and helpful in many other ways.” That same year, when Hurricane Rita struck Beaumont, Texas, Farmers sent 300 agents to assess damages while policy holders were evacuated. Farmers also donated $100,000 for the city’s emergency operations center and two megawatt generators that restored power to Beaumont. Whatever year or decade a disaster occurs, you can count on us to be there for you.
Today, the companies comprising the Farmers Insurance Group of Companies make up one of the country's largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses and provide a wide range of other insurance and financial services products.
Farmers® is transforming from a legacy leader in the insurance industry into an agile, bold "mover and shaker" that's setting a standard for itself and the industry. In order to achieve the breakthrough performance necessary to achieve this, we need a level of innovation and engagement that is only possible through inclusion.
Inclusion is the power of belonging. The foundation of our culture is inclusion – not only as Farmers being a place where generations of families have chosen to work, but also being an award-winning military-friendly place to work and our sponsorship of thriving employee resource groups, including the Women’s Inclusion Network, LGBT & Allies, Veterans & Advocates, Farmers Linguistic Assistance Group, Black Professional Alliance, Awareness Benefitting Leaders and Employees about Disabilities, FarmersFuture and FarmersFit.
Our culture supports employees in bringing their whole selves to work. We celebrate differences of thought, experience and identity that make us unique. As a result, we are able to better execute on our goals because our differences help us better attract and retain employees, connect with customers and increase our ability to innovate.
We are One Farmers with a common set of values. These values shape our culture, define our behaviours and foster trust with our customers, people and communities. Any action or business goal we pursue must be consistent with these values. Our commitment to these lasting beliefs and ideals is the cornerstone of our reputation as a leader in the insurance industry.
- Integrity: We maintain the highest ethical and professional standards and are accountable for our actions. We treat everyone respectfully and in a fair and honest manner, while complying with all applicable laws, regulations and internal policies. We care about doing the right thing, for the right reason.
- Customer Centricity: We put our customers at the heart of all we do and challenge ourselves to be a customer-centered organization. We consider the customer's needs at the foundational level of all we do and strive to exceed their expectations in every interaction.
- Sustainable Value Creation: We create and sustain value for our customers, our people and our communities. We maintain a high standard of corporate and social responsibility, dedicating our time and resources to programs that make a difference in the communities we serve.
- Excellence: We aim for the highest quality and strive for continuous improvement. We have the courage to go where no one else has gone and see failures as an opportunity to learn and improve. We value curiosity and action. We demonstrate passion by constantly questioning the status quo to innovate and improve. We do so with fairness, diversity, trust and mutual respect.
- Teamwork: We work together as one team focused on our vision. We collaborate and communicate openly and recognize the value diverse perspectives bring. We empower and support our people to work with a sense of urgency and adaptability, going the extra mile for the success of our team and our organization.
Farmers is committed to ensuring our hiring information is accessible to people with disabilities. If you are having difficulty accessing hiring information on our site due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com and we will be happy to provide the information to you through alternative means.