In 1928, two men shared a dream of providing a quality insurance product at a reasonable price. In the decades that followed we’ve grown and adapted to meet the changing needs of Americans. But one constant has remained: We have an unwavering commitment to uphold our founding ideals to provide industry-leading products and first-rate services to the customers we’re privileged to serve.
We are One Farmers with a common set of values. These values shape our culture, define our behaviors and foster trust with our customers, people and communities. Any action or business goal we pursue must be consistent with these values. Our commitment to these lasting beliefs and ideals is the cornerstone of our reputation as a leader in the insurance industry.
- Integrity: We maintain the highest ethical and professional standards and are accountable for our actions. We treat everyone respectfully and in a fair and honest manner, while complying with all applicable laws, regulations and internal policies. We care about doing the right thing, for the right reason.
- Customer Centricity: We put our customers at the heart of all we do and challenge ourselves to be a customer-centered organization. We consider the customer's needs at the foundational level of all we do and strive to exceed their expectations in every interaction.
- Sustainable Value Creation: We create and sustain value for our customers, our people and our communities. We maintain a high standard of corporate and social responsibility, dedicating our time and resources to programs that make a difference in the communities we serve.
- Excellence: We aim for the highest quality and strive for continuous improvement. We have the courage to go where no one else has gone and see failures as an opportunity to learn and improve. We value curiosity and action. We demonstrate passion by constantly questioning the status quo to innovate and improve. We do so with fairness, diversity, trust and mutual respect.
- Teamwork: We work together as one team focused on our vision. We collaborate and communicate openly and recognize the value diverse perspectives bring. We empower and support our people to work with a sense of urgency and adaptability, going the extra mile for the success of our team and our organization.
Why Join Farmers?
From claims to customer service to finance to marketing to information technology, an insurance company requires a host of careers to support the needs of the sizable customers and communities we serve.
Farmers Insurance Group of Companies is the nation’s third-largest Personal Lines Property and Casualty insurance group. Founded in 1928 and still headquartered in Los Angeles after expanding to 41 states, Farmers provides home, auto, business, life and financial services to more than 10 million households.