We began our journey in 1928, when two men who shared a dream of providing a quality insurance product at a reasonable price opened the doors to the Farmers Automobile Inter-Insurance Exchange in Los Angeles. In the eighty years that followed, we've grown and adapted to meet the changing needs of Americans - but one constant has remained. We have an unwavering commitment to upholding the ideals with which we began by providing industry-leading products and services to the customers we're privileged to serve.
Today, Farmers Insurance Group of Companies is the country's third-largest insurer of both private Personal Lines passenger automobile and homeowners insurance, and also provides a wide range of other insurance and financial services products. Farmers operates primarily in 41 states across the country through the efforts of approximately 20,000 employees. Farmers exclusive and independent agents, along with Farmers employees, are responsible for servicing more than 15 million customers.
On January 1, 2009, Farmers is launching Total Rewards. This is a total package that recognizes performance, contributes to your future financial security and offers valuable flexibility for our employees.
Here's a quick look at the major benefits available to employees of the Farmers Insurance Group of Companies®:
- Retirement Plans: 401(k)Savings Plan and Cash Balance Program. Employer/employee funded plans.
- Medical Coverage: Multiple plans to suit your needs.
- Dental: Dental Plan provides diagnostic, preventative and other dental services.
- Vision: Vision plan provides eye examinations, eye glasses and contact lenses.
- Options Plus Accounts: Flexible Spending, Dependent Care Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts - reimburse you for health care and dependent care expenses with tax free dollars.
- Life Insurance: 1x your base pay, up to $500,000 company paid. Option to purchase up to 6x your base pay to a max of $3 million also available.
- Accident (AD&D) Insurance: Option to purchase up to 6x your base pay (to $1.5 million).
- Dependent Life Insurance: Spouse Life Insurance up to $100,000. Child Life Insurance up to $10,000.
- EAP: Employee Assistance Program provides counseling sessions and a 24-hour hotline to help you manage work and personal life.
- Long-Term Disability: Employer-funded plan that provides a monthly benefit equal to 60% of salary to eligible employees who become totally disabled.
- Short-Term Disability: Income replacement if you are on an extended medical absence up to 25 weeks.
- Paid Time Off: A pool of days to use for any reason, including, vacation, personal time, family illness and occasional sick days.
As a Farmers employee, you will be given key training in top industry methods, support for continued education, and plenty of opportunity for growth. Our employees are rewarded with a Total Rewards benefits, compensation and retirement package that recognizes performance, contributes to your future financial security and offers valuable flexibility for our employees.
Farmers will drive innovation and operational excellence to provide the best value and experience for every customer we are privileged to serve.