Public Sales - Marketing 14 Active Jobs
Max E. Kahn founded Empire Distributors, Inc. in Atlanta, Georgia in 1940 when he purchased Fulton Distributors. The company started with two trucks, eight brands, and 149 accounts. In 1950, he officially changed the name to Empire Distributors, Inc. Over the years, Max continued to build upon his brand portfolio, adding the Brown Forman line in 1955 and the E&J Gallo wine and spirits portfolio in 1967. The wine and spirits industry in Georgia was also changing. In 1963, fair trade practices were abolished and wholesalers could offer deals for the first time. Empire continued to grow and moved into a new facility in the Fulton Industrial Office Park in 1972. Four years later, Max Kahn died, and his son Roger Kahn became President of Empire Distributors. Under Roger's leadership, Empire expanded market coverage into the Raleigh, Charlotte and Asheville, North Carolina regions as well as established operations in Macon and Augusta, Georgia.