We Look to Hire the Best
Dunbar Armored, Inc. (Dunbar) is the largest independently owned full-service security organization in the United States.
With a rich family heritage in the armored car industry beginning in 1923, Dunbar offers its clients LOYALTY + PROTECTION by safeguarding valuables for retailers, financial institutions, governmental entities and other organizations. Most recognizable for its red and black armored trucks, Dunbar has remained committed to its core line of business with its armored transportation services while expanding into additional areas of physical and digital security. Today, Dunbar is proud to be a full-service, wholly integrated security and cash management solutions provider. Our company delivers the most technologically advanced, integrated cash management logistics and loss protection solutions available to keep our efficient, effective and secure.
Dunbar holds our team of dedicated security professionals in the highest regard and aims to provide our employees with more than just jobs. As a family owned and operated company that prides itself from promoting from within, we are committed to providing career growth opportunities for those who want to advance. Additionally, Dunbar offers healthcare plans and retirement tools among other innovative programs to ensure our employees have the benefits they need to maintain good health and wellbeing, make healthy lifestyle choices and plan for the future.
Dunbar is currently offering positions to qualified candidates who would like to become valuable members of our nationwide team and to be a part of our company’s dynamic growth. We are especially interested in professionals with experience in the armored car, security detail and cash management industries.
The Dunbar Companies: Dunbar Armored: America's largest independent armored transportation carrier serving major retailers, financial institutions and government entities nationwide; Dunbar Cash Vault Services: state-of-the-art money rooms providing a complete line of cash management services to major banks and retailers; Dunbar Security Products: designer and distributor of the world's finest security containers; Dunbar Cybersecurity: managed security service provider offering a full line of solutions to protect digital assets; Dunbar Protective Services: supplier of professionally trained, uniformed guards; Dunbar Security Systems: designer and installer of electronic alarm and 24-hour monitoring systems supported by a UL®-approved central station.
Dunbar—The Most Trusted Name in Security. ®
BenefitsFull-Time Employee Classification (Must work a minimum of 40 hours per week.)
• Health, Prescription, Dental + Vision Insurances – Eligible employees in a Full-Time Employee Classification the option of a variety of PPO and/or HMO plans based on your location. Packaged plans include prescription, dental and vision plans.
• Flexible Employee Classification (Must work a minimum of 30 hours per week)
• Optional Health Insurance – Eligible employees enrolled in this optional plan receive reimbursements for certain services and prescription drugs.
• Optional Basic Term Life Insurance, Voluntary Term Life Insurance, and Voluntary Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance – Eligible employees can purchase these life insurance plans.
• Optional Basic Short Term Disability and Voluntary Short Term Disability Insurance – Eligible employees can purchase these disability insurance plans.
• Paid-Time Off – Vacation Days are available to eligible employees. Full and Partial-Benefit Employee Classifications.
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan – Dunbar provides a matching 401(k) retirement plan. Eligibility is based on business unit.
• Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance – Dunbar provides $100,000 of Company-Paid coverage immediately upon hire.
• Uniforms – Dunbar provides all uniforms for employees.
• Bullet-Resistant Vest Purchase Program
• Safety Bonus – Dunbar rewards safe work practices and safe driving with major credit card.
• Credit Union Membership - All employees and their immediate family members are eligible to join.
• Training Programs – Dunbar’s training department develops programs for employees at all levels.
• Referral Program – Employees may be entitled to a referral bonus if they refer someone who is hired and stays for a predetermined length of time. The referral bonus is a cash payout.
• Employee Assistance Program – Dunbar provides short-term professional counseling for employees and members of their immediate families for personal problems, substance abuse problems, family problems, financial problems and legal issues.
Employee Discount Program – Sponsored by Perk Spot. Dunbar employees have access to hundreds of exclusive discounts with local and national merchants.
1923. The Dunbar Family Tradition begins. George W. Dunbar, Sr. starts the first armored car company in New England. 1956. James Dunbar introduces Federal Armored Express to the armored car industry. Beginning with a single truck, Federal Armored Express evolves into the largest independently owned armored transportation company in the nation. 1960. James Dunbar founds Loughlin Security Agency, a guard service company providing professionally trained, uniformed and plain clothes guards for banks and business customers. 1970. Federal Processing and Verification Centers open as a cash counting and deposit verification service for armored car customers and evolve into state-of-the-art money rooms with the latest on-line computer technology. 1983. The Dunbar family of companies expands again by creating Federal Security Systems, providing electronic surveillance protection and alarm system central station monitoring for home and business. 1987. The Dunbar Companies introduce the world’s finest heat-sealed cash security container and begin E-Z Audit BankPak, Inc. The BankPak brand quickly becomes the industry standard. 1988. Federal Armored Express begins servicing ATM machines. 1991. Federal Armored Express takes to the air and acquires a national armored air service. Quickly Federal’s Armored Air Courier Service evolves into one of the nation’s largest. 1996. Six Dunbar companies are united under the family name. 1999. Dunbar begins marketing electronic, bill-validating in-store safes to retail and convenience stores. 2000. Dunbar introduces a specialized armored car designed for servicing ATMs. TODAY. 2004. Dunbar launches D-Trak, our handheld scanning and barcoding system for tracking shipments. 2006. Dunbar announces virtual banking as an extension of Cash Vault Services. 2010. To increase technological innovation, Dunbar adds on Cash-Aware to our Valu-Trak platform. 2015. We launch Dunbar Security Solutions in our state-of-the-art Security Operations Center to better protect clients’ digital assets.
The Dunbar Companies continue to set the highest industry standards for service, integrity and innovation. Security isn’t just our business—it’s our heritage.
Dunbar is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their race, gender, religion, national origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected status. For more information about your equal employment opportunity rights, please view the EEO is the Law poster.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Dunbar, please call our headquarters office at (800) 888-2129 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.