Skip navigation

DAVIES MOLDING, LLC

Private 5 Active Jobs

In 1933, Davies Molding as we know it today had its beginnings with only seven molding presses and three punch presses. Located in downtown Chicago, Davies Molding was then known as, and is still regarded today by some, as “The Harry Davies Molding Company” after owner Harry Davies. The small, single-room company was started during a time when the economy was depressed and work was scarce. Yet with hard work and determination, Davies Molding soon established strong roots as a quality plastics molder. Known as a phenolic molder, Davies manufactured numerous parts including knobs, handles, cases, daka-ware ashtrays, as well as custom molded products. During the 1940’s as WWII escalated, Davies Molding became a supplier of plastic components for the war effort. In 1954, Harry Davies retired and, in turn, sold his interest in the company to a handful of people including his nephew, Ted Davies.

A second, smaller plant was established in 1966 to accommodate the demand for plastic component parts. One year later, the original plant was destroyed by a fire which forced the smaller plant to operate 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. To off-load the burden of this small plant, Davies moved to a facility on the west side of Chicago later that year. For 25 years this location served Davies well; however, as the economy flourished and as Davies acquired new injection molding presses, Davies needed to expand once again.



Contact Us

Davies Molding, L.L.C.
350 Kehoe Blvd.
Carol Stream, IL 60188