Atlanta is the capital city of the Southeast, a city of the future with strong ties to its past. The old in new Atlanta is the soul of the city, the heritage that enhances the quality of life in a contemporary city. In the turbulent 60s, Atlanta was "the city too busy to hate." And today, in the 21st century, Atlanta is the "city not too busy to care.”In the past two decades, Atlanta has experienced unprecedented growth -- the official city population remains steady, at about 420,000, but the metro population has grown in the past decade by nearly 40 percent, from 2.9 million to 4.1 million people. A good measure of this growth is the ever-changing downtown skyline, along with skyscrapers constructed in the Midtown, Buckhead, and outer perimeter (fringing I-285) business districts.
Our approach to achieving a brighter future for residents of Atlanta will be through Five Pillars:
- To employ a disciplined, dynamic, dedicated and well-trained team of workforce professionals.
- To achieve excellence in customer service.
- To secure long-term financial success and fiscal integrity.
- To maintain a data-driven and performance based system of service.
- To create a network of collaboration between public, private, non-profit and education stakeholders.
City of Atlanta
55 Trinity Avenue, Suite 2500
Atlanta, Georgia 30303