Anne-Marie Bajwa, President & CEO
Anne-Marie has worked in the non-profit sector for over 35 years, developing and implementing programs and services for adults with developmental disabilities, autism and physical challenges. She was appointed President of the Charles River Center in October of 2016, after serving as the agency's Chief Operating Officer since 2008. She has played a pivotal role in the growth of the Charles River Center, as she oversaw the Day Habilitation, Residential, Family Support, and Employment divisions.
Bajwa holds a bachelor’s degree in special education from Boston College and a master’s degree in public administration from Bridgewater State University. For seven years, she served as Chairperson of the Massachusetts Day Habilitation Coalition. She has been an active member of the Association of Developmental Disabilities Providers for a decade, working on the Autism Blueprint and Employment First committees.
What We DoAt The Charles River Center, we empower and support people with developmental disabilities by offering a comprehensive array of high quality, individualized social, living, and work experiences that promote meaningful community inclusion.
- We help create friendships and memories through our social and recreational activities for both children and adults.
- We provide safe, warm and loving homes in our 26 residences throughout MetroWest.
- We help train and place individuals who are eager to work in their communities.
- We teach daily living skills to enable those we serve to reach their highest level of independence.
- We collaborate with families by sharing our network of community resources.
- We advocate at the local, state and national levels to ensure that adequate resources are provided to those we serve.
As we do this, we work very closely with families to make sure their needs, and the needs of their loved one, are thoroughly met.
And we do all of this with great care and commitment.