Founded as a single health plan in 1984, Centene Corporation (Centene) has established itself as a national leader in the healthcare services field. Today, through a comprehensive portfolio of innovative solutions, we remain deeply committed to delivering results for our stakeholders: state governments, members, providers, uninsured individuals and families, and other healthcare and commercial organizations.
Centene’s core philosophy is that quality healthcare is best delivered locally. Our local approach enables us to provide accessible, high quality and culturally sensitive healthcare services to our members. Our managed care model utilizes integrated programs that can only be delivered effectively by a local staff, resulting in meaningful job creation within the communities we serve.
In addition to operating locally-based health plans in the states we serve, Centene offers a full range of healthcare solutions for the rising number of uninsured Americans. We also contract with our health plans and other healthcare and commercial organizations to provide specialty services such as behavioral health, life and health management, managed vision, telehealth, pharmacy benefits management and medication adherence.
Health and Well-Being
Centene offers more than just medical insurance. We pay most of your benefits costs and in some cases – we pay 100 percent. Most of the benefits not covered by the company are paid with pre-tax payroll deductions.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (includes dependent care and commuter reimbursement)
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Supplemental life insurance
Your Financial Future
Centene offers options that allow you to do more than just plan for retirement. Our programs allow shared success with our employees.
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Employee bond program
Work and Life
Caring is more than a business opportunity at Centene. It is the reason we exist. And the reason we provide a variety of benefits to our employees to achieve optimum work/life balance.
- Vacation, personal and sick time
- Paid Company Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Program
- Training and Learning Opportunities/Tuition Reimbursement/Educational Assistance
- Service Awards
- On-site fitness center or discount at local fitness centers (most locations)
- Discounts for select local and national products and services, including cell phones, computers and more
- Other amenities may be available, but vary by location