Insurance Co., the nation’s oldest mutual insurer of automobiles, was founded
in 1907. The company, based in Lincoln, Rhode Island, is a national writer of
auto, home, marine and umbrella insurance. Life coverage is available through
Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary.
Amica rewards its employees with a generous compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Generous paid vacation and sick time provided.
- Medical and dental insurance, prescription drug coverage and vision plans for full-time employees.
- Group life insurance and long-term disability insurance and discounted individual term life programs for employees, spouses and their children.
- Flexible spending accounts for health care and child care expenses.
- Generous retirement benefits
- Adoption assistance, employee assistance program, 529 college savings fund, fitness reimbursement program and other wellness incentive programs.
- A generous service recognition program to acknowledge employee longevity with Amica.
Customer service is the forefront of our corporate philosophy, and our employees cultivate a service culture through a strong work ethic, positive attitudes, attention to detail and a team approach to problem-solving. Amica offers employees the training and support they need to succeed and thrive in a professional setting, and we have a strong promote-from-within philosophy that bolsters a sense of loyalty in our employees.
Our average tenure is 13 years with many spending 25 years or more here. Amica honors employees with 25 years or more of service and pensioners at a special event each year.
Amica’s way of doing business can be stated quite simply: Always put the customer first, and always do the right thing. Our objective is to hire and train employees who can put this business philosophy to work in their interactions with customers, the community and each other.
Amica values its reputation for fairness, honesty and integrity in conducting business – and the employees who stand behind our name. That’s why we seek out and hire the most qualified applicants. Amica promotes dedication and professionalism in our employees by providing them with equal opportunity for personal growth and recognition in a pleasant, safe and professional work environment.
Amica promotes diversity in all of its many forms. We seek to incorporate diversity in our corporate culture through our DiversityWorks at Amica program, which fosters the belief that each employee brings diverse views and opinions to the table in a way that strengthens our corporate culture and solidifies our market standing.
- Auto Insurance
- Homeowners Insurance
- Life Insurance and Retirement
- Marine Coverages
- Personal Umbrella Liability Insurance