In 1917, American Fuel Cell and Coated Fabrics Company, formerly known as Firestone Tire & Rubber Company, began as a supplier of fuel cells to the U.S. Signal Corp. for aviation needs. At the end of World War II, Firestone Tire & Rubber Co. moved from California to Arkansas by converting the historic Magnolia Cotton Mill, a textile mill company from N & W Industries, to a large manufacturing complex specializing in coated fabrics. The plant was called Firestone Coated Fabrics Co. A group of local investors purchased the company in 1983 and it was renamed American Fuel Cell and Coated Fabrics Company, also known throughout the industry as Amfuel. In 1995 Zodiac Aerospace purchased Amfuel to became part of the largest manufacturer and supplier of fuel cells in the world.
601 Firestone Dr.
Magnolia, AR 71753