The perks of being an Amazon employee don’t stop at collaborating with great people on exciting and innovative projects. We also offer a full range of benefits to regular, full-time U.S. employees that support employees and eligible family members, including domestic partners and their children. These benefits include:
- Medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) savings plan
- Paid time-off and Holiday overtime pay
- Resources to help improve your overall well-being
- Discounts on Amazon purchases
Amazon’s benefits can vary by location, the number of regularly scheduled hours you work, length of employment, and job status such as part-time, seasonal, or temporary employment.
Our Medical plan options give you the flexibility to select the right health care coverage for you and eligible family members. Choose from several plans, including a Health Savings Account (with employee and employer contributions), and multiple network providers for the best care in your area. You can also enroll in Dental and Vision plans as well as a Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care.
Medical Advice Line
Call 24/7 for a free consultation with a nurse, or for a small fee, speak to a doctor who can help with a diagnosis, recommend treatment and prescribe short-term prescriptions for less than the cost of an urgent care or emergency room visit.
- Amazon’s 401(k) plan provides you an opportunity to defer compensation for your long-term savings and includes a company match. The plan offers a variety of investment options to help you reach your financial goals.
- Company-paid basic Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance with the option to enroll in additional coverage for you and your dependents.
- Company-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability.
Network of Support
Amazon cares about your health and well-being, both on and off the job. The following benefits are available at no cost to help make life a little bit easier.
- Amazon’s free Employee Assistance Program provides confidential 24/7 support, resources and referrals for every aspect of work and personal life.
- We offer online resources for parents whose children struggle with developmental disabilities, as well as help finding child and elder care referrals and assistance.
- Employees have access to financial counseling, estate planning and other services in the event of a life-threatening illness or death.
Amazon offers adoption assistance for qualified domestic and international adoption expenses including attorney fees, court costs, and travel.
Maternity and Parental Leave
Amazon offers a range of fully paid Maternity and Parental Leave options for parents prior to, and following, the birth or adoption of a child. This includes our industry unique “Leave Share” option and a flexible return-to-work program known as “Ramp Back.” Parental options require at least one year of continuous service by the date of a child’s birth or adoption placement.
It’s essential that employees take advantage of time away from work to recharge and renew. Depending on eligibility, employees accrue paid and unpaid time off throughout the year, and are encouraged to make the most of it.
Hourly employees earn time and a half if they work on any of these Amazon holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Amazon.com Employee Discount
Employees receive an annual discount on products sold and shipped by Amazon.com.