Akorn, Inc. is a niche pharmaceutical company that develops, manufactures and markets generic and branded prescription pharmaceuticals as well as animal and consumer health products. We specialize in difficult-to-manufacture sterile and non-sterile dosage forms including: ophthalmics, injectables, oral liquids, otics, topicals, inhalants, and nasal sprays. Akorn markets its products to retail pharmacies, ophthalmologists, optometrists, physicians, veterinarians, hospitals, clinics, wholesalers, distributors, group purchasing organizations, and government agencies.
Akorn has Research and Development facilities in Vernon Hills, IL; Warminster, PA; and Copiague, NY that provide a robust and continuous pipeline of new products. Akorn's manufacturing facilities are located in Decatur, IL; Somerset, NJ; Amityville, NY; Paonta Sahib, India; and Hettlingen, Switzerland.
We are proud of our benefits programs. As an integral component of the Akorn Total Compensation Program (ATCP), we offer comprehensive and flexible options for medical coverage as well as a full array of company paid coverage's and programs. These include:
- Premium Plus and Basic Blue Medical Insurance Programs
- Smart Choice! Akorn's 401(k) Program
- Akorn Equity: Akorn's Stock Purchase Program
- Preventive care benefits covered at 100%
- Dental plan
- Vision plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Life insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability, AD&D
- Supplemental life insurance
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Program and work/life support referrals
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Travel Assistance Insurance
- Education assistance
Welcome to the Akorn career site, your gateway to opportunities at Akorn. This portal is designed to give you access to a listing of our open positions and to provide you with the opportunity to express interest in these openings. It's designed as well to inform you of the kind of talent we look for on a periodic basis, even though we may not have immediate openings in these fields.
You can review our current career openings and apply for positions online. Or, if you prefer, you can simply submit your resume for general consideration.