Top Instagram accounts to follow to boost your career
Check out the top influencers whose content is sure to both educate and motivate you to reach your career goals.
It may seem hard to believe, but Instagram is more than just a place to share funny memes, post selfies and envy celebrities’ vacations. In fact, it could help inspire your next big career move. It all depends on whom you follow.
We scrolled through countless Instagram accounts and picked out the top influencers whose content is sure to both educate and motivate you to reach your career goals:
1. Lewis Howes: New York Times bestseller; host of “The School of Greatness” podcast
If you’re looking to do more than just make money, follow Lewis Howes’ account. His combination of interviews with top business leaders and inspirational content shows his followers that making money is possible, but they should strive for greater meaning.
2. Create & Cultivate: Online platform and creative conference catering to female entrepreneurs in the digital space
If you’re looking for inspiration to break out of a rut and pursue your true passion, check out this feed. Create & Cultivate’s bright and colorful feed offers everything from inspirational quotes and office outfit ideas to mini profiles on the successful women who speak at their conferences.
3. TED: Nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks
If you’re interested in ideas that are worth spreading, follow TED. The feed is filled with clips of its most popular talks that are sure to inspire you to achieve anything from launching a new business venture to showing more compassion and understanding for a difficult boss.
4. Lilly Singh: Author and Influencer
If you’re looking for empowerment served with a side of humor, follow iisuperwomanii. The author of “How to be A Bawse: A Guide to Conquering Life,” Singh shares advice on everything from finding mentors to taking risks and analyzing mistakes in the fearless pursuit of your ideal career.
5. Fast Company: World’s leading progressive business media brand, with a focus on innovation in technology, leadership, world changing ideas and design
If you’re looking for the inside scoop on up-and-coming companies and their leaders, look no further than this feed. In addition to profiling burgeoning industry leaders, it offers educational posts that teach you more about the ever-evolving tech industry.
6. Gary Vaynerchuk: Entrepreneur, CEO of Vayner Media and Vayner Sports
If you want career advice, minus any hand-holding, follow Gary Vaynerchuk. He offers unapologetic advice on what it takes to reach your career goals.
7. Entrepreneur: Magazine devoted to inspiring, informing and celebrating entrepreneurs
If you want to start your own business, this is the Instagram account for you. Here you’ll find posts about successful companies from around the world, as well as infographics that offer insight into their strategies and stories of how they got started.
8. The Rock: Actor, producer and professional wrestler
If you’re looking for kick-in-the-pants style motivation to make you try harder—regardless of your career path—follow the Rock. He documents everything from his daily workouts to his latest film and TV projects, all with the same underlying message: It took hard work to get here.
9. CareerBuilder: Advice and resources to help people find the right careers
We had to give ourselves a little shout-out too. Follow CareerBuilder for pro-tips to help you land and succeed at your job, with a few oh-so-relatable memes thrown into the mix.
Looking to advance at your current job? Check out how to get ahead in a competitive job market.