Create a software engineer's resume with this customizable resume template
If you’re searching for an entry-level software engineering job, here’s a free sample of what your resume might look like
After you've finished, upload your resume. You'll be able to quickly apply to Software Engineer jobs — companies can find you by searching for software engineers in your area. Cover letters are great for introducing yourself when applying, use this example to create yours.
1. Focus your previous experience on any relevant tech-based tasks to demonstrate your interest in and aptitude for software engineering.
2. Include soft skills that will make you a strong fit for a tech-based career, such as problem solving and an attention to detail.
3. Mention all software languages that you're fluent in, being particularly careful to include those that your prospective employer is looking for.
4. Include information on any software or hardware certifications that you've obtained.
5. Carefully proofread your resume to make sure you have the correct contact information, years, spelling, and details included in every section to fully customize this resume to your own needs.
Recent BSSE graduate with outstanding attention to detail and extensive familiarity with the latest computer programming trends and new software releases.
Help Desk Technician | State University
2015 – Present | City, State
- Take calls from students and faculty to assist with technical issues on campus
- Walk callers through critical troubleshooting tasks
- Diagnose and resolve problems on computer systems
Tech Associate | Computer Shop
2014 – 2015 | City, State
- Educated customers on the technology products available to meet their needs
- Assisted customers in setting up new software and systems
- Helped with troubleshooting on technical devices
Retail Associate | Cell Phones and More
2013 – 2014 | City, State
- Assisted customers with choosing the right devices for their needs
- Provided basic technical support for customers
- Programmed cell phones for customers making new purchases
Graduate with Honors | City High School | 2013
Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering (BSSE) | State University | 2017\
- Familiar with Oracle, Lotus, PL/SQL, and MS Word
- Fluent in C++, C#, Lisp, Java, and Python
- Detail-oriented with strong analytic and problem-solving skills
Additional information for Software Engineers: