Create a Job Alert.Simplify your job search. Get emails of the newest jobs posted and be the first to apply.
Resume example for licensed practical nurses
CareerBuilder | December 10, 2019
Licensed practical nurses, or LPNs, are in high demand. And resumes are still important when recruiters and hiring managers call. Using this sample resume will save time—simply plug-in your own experience, skills and certifications and its ready to apply.
How to write a resume for licensed practical nurse
Your resume should be weighted more heavily toward your technical qualifications and your cover letter providing evidence of your soft skills, such as flexibility, ability to work under pressure or critical thinking.
Here’s a sample of what a winning resume might look like:
1. Start with your relevant skills and experience. Include details about any major achievements.
2. List your education: degrees and certifications relative to nursing.
3. Make sure the resume is relevant to the particular job for which you are applying. Add additional experience if that experience is relevant to your education as a nurse.
4. Proofread the resume before sending. Make sure your contact information is correct.
Next, start your search with these newly listed jobs for LPNs. Upload your new resume. You're now ready to quickly apply to jobs with one click. You can also attach a cover letter when you send in your application.
456 West Street
City, ST 22222 555-555-5555
Motivated and dedicated nursing graduate with excellent communication skills seeking an LPN position.
Licenses and Certifications
Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of (State), License #
Basic Life Support (BLS) certified by the American Heart Association
Certified Nursing Assistant, State of (State)
ABC Medical Center, City, ST | Sept. 2016–Present
- Provided patient care under LPN supervision
- Maintained patient files and documented patient care
- Effectively and precisely communicated information to the patients and their families
- Maintained confidentiality of multiple patient information
City Medical Center, City, ST | May 2016–Sept. 2016
- Treated patients with acute conditions including heart attacks, shock, and those in respiratory distress
- Observed changes in patient conditions and promptly communicated this information to supervising LPN and other medical professionals
- Learned and practiced the correct operation of implements such as nebulizers, otoscopes, and forceps
State University, City, ST
Bachelor of Science in Nursing, May 2017
- Proficient in administering IV medications and collecting blood samples for labs
- Trained in instrument sterilization and equipment handling
- Skilled in observing and visually assessing patients
- Demonstrated understanding of vascular care
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with a team of medical professionals
More information for LPNs: