Create a Job Alert.Simplify your job search. Get emails of the newest jobs posted and be the first to apply.
Use this resume example when applying for experienced registered nurse jobs
CareerBuilder | January 19, 2021
Create a professional resume with this easy-to-customize resume template for registered nurses
Education and licensing are requirements on any Registered Nurse resume. So highlight your bachelor of science degree in nursing, associate degree in nursing or diploma from an approved nursing program at the top of your resume. If you’re searching for an entry-level registered nurse job, use these tips to create an experienced registered nurse resume:
1. Highlight any specialized tasks that you performed in your previous work experience.
2. Include soft skills that are essential to a career as a nurse, such as attention to detail, empathy, and communication.
3. Distinguish prior jobs from one another when similar by highlighting different responsibilities for each.
4. Proofread your resume carefully before submission to make sure there are no errors.
789 Home Street
City, ST 12345
Experienced registered nurse with kind, personable demeanor, outstanding attention to detail, and the ability to work well under pressure.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing | State Medical School | 2012
Registered Nurse | Major Hospital
2016 – Present | City, State
- Specialize in the emergency room, responding to critical situations in a fast-paced environment
- Coordinate efficient care management systems to move patients through the ER as quickly as possible
- Provide prompt and efficient assessments of incoming patients to best prioritize care
Registered Nurse | Downtown Hospital
2014 – 2016 | City, State
- Attended daily rounds, accompanying physicians and other specialists
- Performed regular diagnostic tests, including blood work, using a gentle demeanor to ease patients' concerns
- Monitored patients' health and maintained detailed records on all medications and treatments
Assistant Nurse | Smith Medical Care
2013 – 2014 | City, State
- Educated patients and their families on the best ways to support ongoing health in the home environment
- Took vital signs and maintained records on the patients
- Performed routine treatments such as giving vaccinations and dressing wounds
- Empathy and compassion to help patients feel comfortable, confident, and at ease
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to explain complex procedures and conditions in easily understandable terms
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail in maintaining accurate patient records
Additional information for registered nurses:
Other essential healthcare and medical-support jobs:
Resume writing tips