Create a Job Alert.Simplify your job search. Get emails of the newest jobs posted and be the first to apply.
This sample cover letter makes applying easy for registered nurses
CareerBuilder | January 22, 2021
How to write a nursing cover letter: simply customize this entry-level sample cover letter with your skills and experience.
A huge part of a registered nurse’s job involves interacting with patients and providing emotional support. A successful cover letter should highlight examples of your bedside manner and empathy as well as your emotional stability and composure in difficult situations.
Copy and paste this sample cover letter into any document to get started.
1. Research the unique needs, characteristics, and culture of the hospital or other healthcare facility that you're applying to.
2. Specify how you're a good fit for the position.
3. Highlight your specialties and skills which set you apart from other nurses, paying particular attention to those that required additional training.
4. Don't neglect soft skills that are highly relevant to a position as a registered nurse, such as problem solving, teamwork, communication, and leadership.
5. Carefully proofread your cover letter before submitting to make sure all contact information is correct and that there are no misspellings.
123 Main Street
City, ST 12345
Dear Hiring Manager:
I am excited to express my interest in the registered nurse position available at Metro Hospital. I earned my Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing at Regional University, and during my internship at Regional Medical Center I had the opportunity to become acquainted with the fast pace and distinct challenges of working in a large medical facility. I have long been impressed by Metro Hospital's outstanding reputation as one of the premier pediatric and emergency care facilities in the city. I believe that my gentle bedside manner and outstanding attention to detail would make me a strong addition to your team.
I have learned in a variety of nursing environments, including the emergency room, home health care services, and Regional Medical Center's pediatric department. I have strong people skills and strive to acquaint myself with each patient's family members and support system to best facilitate an effective long-term care plan that will send patients home with the knowledge and tools necessary to maintain their health at home.
I believe that I could be a strong candidate for the RN position at your hospital, with my nursing degree and experience working with the challenges of pediatric patients. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the requirements of the position with you further at your convenience. I look forward to hearing from you.
Jobs for Registered Nurses:
87,190+ Registered Nurse jobs
123,455+ All Nursing jobs
Salaries for Registered Nurses:
Job advice for nurses: