Cover letter sample for marketing professionals
Use this cover letter sample to get your marketing application noticed by recruiters or hiring managers. This professional letter incorporates typical skills and experience and is easily customizable.
Marketing manager sample cover letter
The ability to communicate in a way that prompts action is a sought after skill in marketing managers. Creating a cover letter is your opportunity to put those skills to work and to sell yourself to a potential employer. Focus on how your experience and skills fill a specific employer’s needs, and you’ll be golden.
Here’s what a winning cover letter for a marketing manager might look like—use these tips to customize it for each application:
1. Address your letter to the appropriate hiring professional, using the correct name and job title. Avoid generic salutations whenever possible.
2. Refer to the company's branding as specifically as possible to demonstrate your familiarity with the tone and personality that they use in their marketing materials, whether this is chic and sophisticated, smart and professional, or quirky and kid-centered.
3. Highlight how your own original ideas or approaches might complement the company's marketing message.
4. Cite specific accomplishments and engagement levels when possible to demonstrate your proficiency with marketing.
5. Proofread your cover letter carefully before submission to make sure there are no typos or errors in your contact information.
March 1, 2018
123 Main Street
City, ST 12345
Dear Ms. Job:
I would like to apply for the position of marketing manager at City Marketing. I have followed many of your recent marketing campaigns with interest and believe that my sharp, witty approach to marketing content would be a good fit for your customer base. I was particularly entertained by your recent viral hit Shopping Cat, and would welcome the opportunity to continue your collection of monthly video releases with some quirky animal ideas of my own.
In my current position, I work with product copy, print materials, and media management for many of XYZ Incorporated's online accounts. I also achieved notable engagement levels as the social media coordinator for City Tech Co., where I created the Techno Bear campaign, gaining over 10,000 new followers over the course of the four-week promotion.
I see marketing as an ever-evolving field with endless opportunities for innovation and creative new strategies for customer engagement. I have developed an insightful approach to developing customer personas to increase ROI. I believe my strong leadership, communication, and collaboration skills would make me an excellent fit for a management position with City Marketing. I look forward to discussing my ideas and strategies with you to explore how I might best fit your needs. Thank you for your consideration.
More career information for marketing managers: