Create a Job Alert.Simplify your job search. Get emails of the newest jobs posted and be the first to apply.
How to create a customer service resume using this template
CareerBuilder | June 10, 2020
A free, professional resume for entry-level applicants. Simply customize the skills and experience and you're ready to find your next customer service position.
A customer service representative is, in many ways, the face and voice of the company. Employers will look at how you represent yourself during the hiring process as an indication of how you would represent the company if hired, so make sure your resume is professional, clear and error-free.
These are the six things you need for a successful customer service rep resume:
1. Highlight of relevant skills and work experience at the top.
2. Detailed accomplishments in problem-solving or using written or verbal communication skills to help customers.
3. Education and diplomas or certificates earned.
4. Skills, accomplishments and training specific to the job for which you are applying.
5. Make sure to proofread the resume before sending.
6. Double check your contact information to make sure any potential employer can get in touch with you.
Next, upload a completed resume - or let AI build it for you. Save your final version to your CareerBuilder profile to quickly apply to more jobs and be visible to thousands of employers.
123 New Ave.
City, ST 12345
Highly motivated individual with strong written and verbal communication skills seeking entry-level customer service position.
2016–Present City, ST
- Create a friendly rapport with guests and guide them through menus
- Efficiently and accurately relay orders to kitchen using restaurant's computer ordering system
- Prepare dining area for large parties, anticipate needs of incoming guests, and maintain a clean and inviting space
- Provide efficient and accurate service to multiple tables of various sizes during busiest dinner and lunch time
2014–2016, City, ST
- Greeted all customers in a friendly manner
- Answered inquiry calls from customers and booked reservations
- Managed and organized waiting list
- Handled customer questions and resolved complaints
- Assisted waitstaff with various duties to ensure prompt and courteous service
2012–2014, City, ST
- Provided attentive customer service at registers
- Handled customer inquiries with attention to detail
- Opened and closed registers; operated cash register and handled point-of-sale transactions
- Maintained an accurate cash drawer and reconciled money in drawer at the end of each shift
Bachelor of Arts in Communications, State University, 2015
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, email, and social media
- Fluent in data entry and data management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and strong work ethic