How to write a great cover letter for customer service jobs
Use this cover letter sample to make a great first impression. Personalize the skills and experience listed and attach it to your resume when you apply.
This free customer service cover letter makes applying for entry-level customer service positions quick and easy. Here's how:
1. Verify the hiring manager's name and address the letter to a specific person.Get started with these newly listed jobs in customer service. Then, quickly apply with one button when you upload a new resume. Use this resume example to create professional resume.
2. Make your letter stand out by highlighting relevant customer service skills without restating information from your resume.
3. Make a statement about the company to show you are familiar with the work it does.
4. Close the letter with a request for the hiring manager to contact you about discussing the job further.
5. Proofread the letter before sending and make sure the contact information is correct.
6. Double-check the hiring manager's name.
January 15, 2018
Ms. Alice Smith
123 Main Street
City, ST 11111
Dear Ms. Smith:
I recently learned about the entry-level customer service position available at ABC Company. I am familiar with your company and personally use several of your products. I believe I have many skills that make me an excellent candidate for this position, and I have a background in building strong customer relationships. Please consider my application for your customer service position.
I realize that customers are the most important part of building a business, and keeping customers satisfied can lead to sustaining loyal customers. My experience in the service industry has taught me how to both reach and exceed customer expectations and provide service that they can count on. I am a focused person, and I am always willing to go beyond the minimum expectations to make sure I serve customer needs. I approach new situations with enthusiasm and enjoy the challenge of learning something new in my work.
My background and proven commitment to creating strong customer relationships make me an ideal candidate for this position. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this customer service position and my qualifications with you. I invite you to contact me at your earliest convenience to arrange an interview. Thank you for your consideration of my application, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Salaries and a day-in-the-life for customer service