Sample cover letter for automotive technicians
This quick, easy and FREE cover letter sample will get you started in your job search (its not just for automotive technicians). Simply insert your own skills and experience, then attach it to your next application along with your updated resume.
Cover letter example for automotive technicians:
The technology inside today’s cars and trucks is becoming more and more sophisticated. Employers will want to know you’re capable of handling a wide variety of vehicles, so be sure your cover letter highlights a mix of educational achievements and hands-on experience.
To help you get started, use this sample of a winning cover letter for an automotive technician:
1. Start your cover letter with the correct address of the hiring professional. Address your letter to a specific individual. Verify the name of the hiring manager by contacting the company directly.
2. Explain why you're interested in starting or building a career in the automotive repair industry.
3. Discuss any professional experience you've had in other positions and how it relates to the automotive repair industry.
4. Focus on the employer for a portion of the cover letter and explain how your skills and the company's goals would match.
5. Emphasize any professional training that you've obtained that pertains to the job, such as trade schools, certifications, licenses. This training can also include work on particular types of cars such as European, American, Japanese, or performance vehicles.
These newly listed jobs for automotive technicians will kick-start your job search. CareerBuilder's Quick Apply feature is active once you've uploaded your resume—if you need to update your resume, use this free template to quickly apply.
January 3, 2018
Mr. James Smith
1234 Main Street
City, ST 11111
Dear Mr. Smith:
I am responding to your job opening seeking an entry-level automotive technician at XYZ Company. As a highly trained and competent automotive technician, I would bring a strong work ethic and a service-first attitude to the job. Since the beginning of my career as an automotive technician, I've admired the success and growth that XYZ Company has achieved, and I appreciate the way the organization handles its business operations and customers. I seek to align my experience with and build my career at XYZ Company. I invite you to consider my application for this position.
During my career in the automotive repair industry, I have gained valuable experience in customer service and auto maintenance that would contribute to the overall success of XYZ Company. As an automotive technician, I worked for Company ABC where I learned to accurately repair many systems including brakes, electrical, HVAC, and engines. In addition to my technical skills, I also excel at problem solving, analytics, and mathematics. I can work without supervision, and if I need direction, I'm always the first to ask.
Over the past three years at Company ABC, I've also learned to take on more responsibility and increase my knowledge and skill set. Due to my self-starting nature, I can complete many tasks without direct supervision, such as running diagnostics, maintaining parts inventories, and filing necessary paperwork.
I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you more about this automotive technician position soon, and I invite you to contact me to schedule a meeting with you. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you.
More career articles:
Related job searches: