Create a Job Alert.Simplify your job search. Get emails of the newest jobs posted and be the first to apply.
Resume example for entry-level accountants
CareerBuilder | January 4, 2021
Quickly create a professional resume including skills, experience and education using this simple template.
123 South Street
City, ST 11111
Entry-level accountant with strong attention to detail, excellent technology skills and experience managing accounts receivable.
Junior Accountant | XYZ Company
2016–Present | City, State
Provide accounting assistance for individual and small business clients.
- Prepare financial reports and examine financial statements for accuracy and compliance.
- Assist with compiling tax information, preparing tax returns totaling $30 million and coordinating tax payments for clients.
- Identify areas in which clients can reduce expenses and improve profits, with client savings totaling $400,000.
Accounting Clerk | ABC Firm
2013–2015 | City, State
Assisted with accounts receivable for a Fortune 500 company.
- Received payments, posted transactions and monitored accounts for past-due issues.
- Assessed interest charges and transmitted related invoices.
- Reconciled accounts on a monthly basis and checked records for accuracy.
Bachelor of Science in Accounting | My State University | 2013
- Honors: Cum laude
- GPA: 3.65
- Fluent in accounting, spreadsheet and database software
- Excellent math skills, with a focus on detail and accuracy
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks at once
- Strong sense of integrity, confidentiality and transparency
The best resume format is this simple template.
A resume template that's easy to use—copy and paste each section into a document, or resume builder, then add your own skills, education and experience.
Need more inspiration?
Just for accountants: