Resume example for entry-level accountants
Quickly create a professional resume including skills, accomplishments and educational experience for entry-level accountants using this simple template.
Entry-level accountant resume
Follow these steps to use the entry-level accountant resume:
- As you create your resume, include skills that are relevant to the job for which you are applying. Be sure to highlight any important achievements you've had as an accountant.
- Feature as many details as possible to convey the size and nature of your accomplishments.
- Include any relevant educational experience, such as degrees, diplomas, and certificates you've earned.
- Whether you're applying for one job or many positions, always tailor your resume to the job for which you're applying. Remove any experience or skills that aren't directly related to the position so that they don't obscure the most pertinent aspects of your professional capabilities.
- Always proofread the resume before submitting. Be sure that your contact information is correct.
Upload your new resume and see when it was viewed. You'll be able to quickly apply to more jobs and more companies can easily find you.
123 South Street
City, ST 11111
Entry-level accountant with strong attention to detail, excellent technology skills and experience managing accounts receivable.
Junior Accountant | XYZ Company
2016–Present | City, State
Provide accounting assistance for individual and small business clients.
- Prepare financial reports and examine financial statements for accuracy and compliance.
- Assist with compiling tax information, preparing tax returns totaling $30 million and coordinating tax payments for clients.
- Identify areas in which clients can reduce expenses and improve profits, with client savings totaling $400,000.
Accounting Clerk | ABC Firm
2013–2015 | City, State
Assisted with accounts receivable for a Fortune 500 company.
- Received payments, posted transactions and monitored accounts for past-due issues.
- Assessed interest charges and transmitted related invoices.
- Reconciled accounts on a monthly basis and checked records for accuracy.
Bachelor of Science in Accounting | My State University | 2013
- Honors: Cum laude
- GPA: 3.65
- Fluent in accounting, spreadsheet and database software
- Excellent math skills, with a focus on detail and accuracy
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks at once
- Strong sense of integrity, confidentiality and transparency
More information for accountants:
Remember to upload your new resume and let your next job find you.