Create a Job Alert.Simplify your job search. Get emails of the newest jobs posted and be the first to apply.
9 career podcasts you should be listening to
Lauren Salm | May 31, 2017
Whether you're looking for a job, looking to switch careers, or just looking for some inspiration, there's a career podcast for you.
Like the majority of the workforce in America, you're probably pressed for time – which may serve as an excuse for not getting everything done. But when it comes to your career, making time is essential to happiness, growth and moving on up in the world.
That's why podcasts are so great. You can listen to them while doing something else, like during your commute, at the gym or while getting stuff done around the house. Podcasts are a great way to keep up with the times, challenge yourself to grow in your current role or help yourself get out of a rut and into a career you love.
Here are nine podcasts to check out for your career:
If you're looking to boost or advance your career…
- Productivityist: Hosted by Mike Vardy, this weekly podcast shows you tips and tricks to help you boost your productivity, goals and overall hustle in all aspects of your life. Whether you are looking for a change in habits, a focus on time management, or just an overall productivity makeover, this podcast is for you.
- Career Tools: Career Tools is a weekly podcast focused on giving your career a makeover or advancing your career. For the new job seeker looking for a jump start, or someone in their career looking for new ways to shine, this podcast is a win for everyone who listens.
If you're seeking practical/quick career tips and tricks…
- This is Your Life Podcast: This weekly podcast hosted by Michael Hyatt, a former publishing house CEO, gives practical tips dedicated to "intentional leadership." His goal: to help you live a life full of passion, lead with influence and work with a higher level of focus. Topics covered include work-life balance, leading in the face of criticism, and how to vacation like a pro. The show finished its eight season and is on a hiatus, but there is plenty of material to carry you over until new episodes begin.
- The Tim Ferriss Show: Tim Ferriss, bestselling author of "The 4-Hour Workweek," offers tips and tricks focused on your personal life, your career and everything in between. He interviews high-profile guests who have exceled in everything from investing to chess to pro sports, and translates their stories into practical advice listeners can use. This podcast will leave you inspired with each episode.
- Classy Girl Career Podcast: Named by Forbes as one of the top 35 most influential career sites of 2014, The Classy Career Girl Podcast offers a variety of training opportunities, interviews, behind-the-scenes audio and presentations to help you get ahead of the competition. For example, a recent episode featured a conversation about one of her guests who left her corporate job and started her own business. Other topics range from how to get over your speaking fears to signs it's time for a career change.
If you're seeking career inspiration or a career change…
- 48 Days to the Work You Love: Get inspired by author and motivational speaker Dan Miller, who wants you to make your 2017 a winner. Miller's candor and realness about topics like what university graduates need to know, how to leverage what you love and making people question your sanity will have you wanting to binge through every episode. The podcast, which consistently sits in the top 50 under Business in iTunes and often ranks at No. 1 within Careers, is a must-listen.
- How Did You Get Into That?: Do you ever meet someone, hear their career stories and think, "How did you get into that?" Host Grant Baldwin interviews all types of folks that are doing something awesome and different for a living. "Each episode will bring you the stories and journeys of people just like you who wanted something more out of their life and career and did the work to make that happen," states Baldwin. Hear from entrepreneurs, musicians, athletes, trainers, venture capitalists and more.
- Pivot with Jenny Blake: Author, business strategist, speaker and former Google career coach Jenny Blake interviews experts on how they stay agile in a rapidly shifting workforce. Blake shares real-life stories about her book ("PIVOT: Turn What's Working for You Into What's Next") and her business, which both focus on confronting your fears, taking risks, laughing in the face of uncertainty and changing these aspects of life into windows of opportunity. Blake focuses on change as a good constant, as well as finding your passions in small ways.