CareerBuilder | August 26, 2020
Given the employment outlook for tech jobs, it's hard to come up with a reason not to pursue a technology career. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), workers in high-tech industries earn higher wages than those working in other industries. Plus, the BLS also projected that computer and information technology occupations will grow by 11 percent through 2029.
Clearly, the tech industry is the place to be for job seekers. Below, we've compiled a list of the five best careers in this burgeoning field:
1. Applications software developers design consumer applications, either for a specific customer or commercial software to be sold to the general public.*
2. Information security analysts plan and carry out security measures to protect an organization’s computer networks and systems. Their responsibilities are continually expanding as the number of cyberattacks increases.
3. Computer and information research scientists invent and design new approaches to computing technology and find innovative uses for existing technology. They study and solve complex problems in computing for business, science, medicine, and other fields.
4. Web developers design and create websites. They are responsible for the look of the site as well as the site’s technical aspects, such as its performance and capacity, which are measures of a website’s speed and how much traffic the site can handle.
5. Computer user support specialists provide help and advice to computer users and organizations. These specialists either support computer networks or they provide technical assistance directly to computer users.
Work from home jobs were mostly gig economy jobs, or part time jobs. That has changed! Today, many industries have moved to full time, remote work just to stay in business during the 2020 quarantine. Some companies are even making work from home a permanent option for employees.