Create a Job Alert.Simplify your job search. Get emails of the newest jobs posted and be the first to apply.
10 jobs that pay $50 an hour
CareerBuilder | March 26, 2021
Check out this list of occupations that pay $100,000-plus a year.
Money may not be everything, but it's definitely something to keep in mind when choosing a career. With that in mind, we've compiled a list of 10 jobs that pay about $50 an hour.
1. Administrative Services plan, direct, and coordinate supportive services of an organization. They typically maintain facilities and supervise activities that include recordkeeping, mail distribution, and office upkeep.
- 298,970 jobs
- Average hourly earnings: $49.65
2. Postsecondary education administrators oversee student services, academics, and faculty research at colleges and universities. Their job duties vary depending on the area of the college they manage, such as admissions, student life, or the registrar’s office.
- 144,254 jobs
- Average hourly earnings: $51.17
3. Medical and health services managers might manage an entire facility, a specific clinical area or department or a medical practice for a group of physicians. They direct changes that conform to changes in healthcare laws, regulations, and technology.
- 382,820 jobs
- Average hourly earnings: $52.84
4. Applications software developers design computer applications, such as word processors and games, for consumers. They may create custom software for a specific customer or commercial software to be sold to the general public.
- 946,062 jobs
- Average hourly earnings: $50.91
5. Mining and geological engineers (including mining safety engineers) design mines to safely and efficiently remove minerals such as coal and metals for use in manufacturing and utilities.
- 7,019 jobs
- Average hourly earnings: $49.85
6. Biochemists and biophysicists study the chemical and physical principles of living things and of biological processes, such as cell development, growth, heredity, and disease.
- 32,333 jobs
- Average hourly earnings: $50.61
7. Geoscientists (except hydrologists and geographers) study the physical aspects of the Earth, such as its composition, structure, and processes, to learn about its past, present, and future.
- 33,391 jobs
- Average hourly earnings: $50.78
8. Physician assistants practice medicine on teams with physicians, surgeons, and other healthcare workers. They examine, diagnose, and treat patients.
- 119,850 jobs
- Average hourly earnings: $50.43
9. Nurse midwives provide gynecological exams, family planning services and prenatal care. They deliver babies, manage emergency situations during labor and may provide surgical assistance to physicians during cesarean births.
- 7,183 jobs
- Average hourly earnings: $49.82
10. Nurse practitioners serve as primary and specialty care providers, delivering advanced nursing services to patients and their families. They assess patients, determine the best way to improve or manage a patient’s health, and discuss ways to integrate health promotion strategies into a patient’s life.
- 183,141 jobs
- Average hourly earnings: $51.67
Want to earn more, but not interested in changing careers? Learn how to successfully negotiate your salary.
Find a job that's in demand:
Career tips for the workspace: