Amerisure is an insurance organization charged with creating exceptional value for its Partners for Success® agencies, employees and policyholders. As a property and casualty insurance company, Amerisure ’s promise to our partner agencies and policyholders begins with a comprehensive line of insurance products designed to protect businesses, as well as the health and safety of every employee. Amerisure is an A.M. Best “A” (excellent) rated company and services mid-sized commercial enterprises focused in construction, manufacturing and healthcare. We are ranked as one of the top 200 Property & Casualty companies in the United States, and have more than $600 million in Direct Written Premiums and over $700 million in surplus.
We are recruiting for a motivated Sr. Marketing Underwriter to join our team in Irving, TX (greater Dallas area) to market company products and services to select independent agents and to profitably manage a substantial book of business through risk selection, underwriting and price decisions within designated authority; perform effective agency and policyholder contacts and personal visits.
Primary point person for all relationship management activities for assigned agents. Conducts agency visits in terms of planning and implementation, marketing plans. Underwriting and pricing decisions on individual accounts within designated underwriting authority. Develops and implements business plans for written premium, loss ratio, product retention, pricing and coordination of service and accountability for results. Manages the development of the agency thru the PFS levels.
- Coordinate assigned agency service where there is a service team or individual service providers.
- Facilitate communication between agency principal, producer and support staff with the appropriate team members or support personnel to ensure achievement of quality and service objectives.
- Lead agency evaluation process developing specific business plans with the appropriate tactical elements and monitoring progress towards objectives.
- Complete understanding of competitive environment and trends within the assigned agency, and recommend actions as appropriate. Share competitive intelligence in order to nurture profitable relationship and enhance less productive ones.
- Interact with current and prospective policy holders as requested by agency.
- Act as liaison between agency and company to resolve problems, capitalize on opportunity, and report on activities.
- High degree of integrity in all actions.
- Demonstrates a desire and willingness to learn using internal and external resources.
- Other activities as assigned by management.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 plus years of multi-line commercial underwriting experience
- Construction or manufacturing markets experience strongly preferred
- Strong agency relationship management experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Be a team player that is committed to customer service
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi task
- Willingness to travel up to 25% within the US
Just as we are committed to creating exceptional value for our Partners for Success® agencies and policyholders, Amerisure also remains committed to being an employer of choice. We reinforce this commitment by adhering to an Employee Value Proposition that, in part, is provided through a competitive total rewards package. Amerisure offers a Compensation & Benefits Package that includes competitive base pay, performance based incentive pay, comprehensive health & welfare benefits, 401(k) savings plan, cash balance pension plan, and profit sharing. In addition to generous paid time off programs, we allow our employees flexible and remote work arrangements. If you strive for excellence and are committed to personal and professional growth, Amerisure is looking for you.