**Please note this position is located in Saint Charles, MO.
Relocation assistance is available for those who qualify.**
The Staff Accountant will maintain the Company’s financial books and records accurately. The Staff Accountant will interact with Company personnel at all levels at all locations and to interact with the Company’s customers, vendors, and service providers when required.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
- Responsible for maintaining accounting records, general ledgers, subsidiary ledgers and files accurately and timely relating to transactions with our small business partners.
- Responsible for updating the Treasury Schedule daily using the bank activity from the bank website and distributing to the appropriate management personnel.
- Responsible for reconciling all bank statements.
- Responsible for logging all ACH and Wire Transfer payments for all the Company’s subsidiaries in the appropriate schedules.
- Responsible for creating, analyzing, updating, and posting journal entries from the treasury schedule.
- Responsible for fixed asset control and depreciation.
- Responsible for importing labor entries from Excel into Movex.
- Responsible for preparing monthly sales commission summary reviewed by senior management.
- Responsible for preparing annual 1099-INT and 1099-DIV and the Puerto Rico equivalent.
- Responsible for sales tax returns and personal property tax returns.
- Support item setup and bill of material changes.
- Implement pricing, discount, and promotional changes.
- Gather requested documentation for various audit requirements as required.
- Perform special projects as required by assistant controller.
- Travel to Company facilities when required.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and a minimum of 3 years experience in accounting.
- Strong ERP computer software knowledge/experience, with specific emphasis/experience in general ledger.
- Requires strong written and verbal communication skills and good organization skills.
- Working towards CPA license preferred.
- Strong computer skills required with high level of expertise in Excel.
As one of the largest official suppliers of apparel to the United States armed forces, PROPPER INTERNATIONAL™ has proudly manufactured more than 120 million garments for the U.S. Department of Defense - Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard and Special Forces. PROPPER also manufactures high-quality apparel for the commercial military, tactical, law enforcement and public safety markets. PROPPER commercial products are distributed through more than 3,000 military, law enforcement and specialty retail stores and websites worldwide.