Corporate Tax Senior - Smithfield, VA
**Relocation assistance is available for those who qualify**
The Corporate Tax Specialist will prepare the Company’s Federal and State income tax returns. The Tax Specialist will assist with the preparation of the Company’s ASC 740 matters on an annual basis, and other projects as needed.
Tax Specialist Responsibilities:
• 65% Prepare the Company’s Federal and State income tax returns.
• 20% Assist with the Company’s annual ASC 740 calculation.
• 5% Assist with the Company’s quarterly tax estimated calculations and payments.
• 5% Tax account reconciliations.
• 5% Assist with special projects as needed.
Tax Specialist Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in Accounting and three plus (3+) years tax experience with a public accounting firm or private industry.
• CPA or CPA Candidate is strongly preferred.
• Basic knowledge of U.S. and State income tax laws.
• Basic knowledge of US GAAP accounting for income taxes.
• Good analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of CorpTax Compliance system, SAP, and reporting software.
• Must be able to travel 5% of the time.
From our small town beginning in Smithfield, Virginia, Smithfield Foods has grown into a global food company with a presence in 12 countries. Regardless of the size and scope of our business, we always conduct ourselves with respect for our animals, communities, customers, employees and the environment. Our philosophy has served us well and we are committed to providing Good food. Responsibly.® so you can confidently share great meals and memories with family and friends.
Smithfield Foods brings good food to families and friends around the world in a responsible manner. Although you might not be familiar with the Smithfield name, you probably know one or more of our well-loved brands, including Smithfield, Eckrich, Farmland, Armour, Cook's, Gwaltney, John Morrell, Kretschmar, Curly's, Carando, Margherita and Healthy Ones.