DTZ, a UGL company is seeking a Multi-site Facilities Director for their client site in Freemont, CA. The Multi-site Facilities Director reports directly to the Director Operations and is the senior leader with the strategic vision, industry knowledge, operational expertise, and organizational skills necessary to bring exemplary results to the Client. The Director manages the client relationship, engaging UGL Services senior management and other functional leaders to ensure continual high?level availability to the management team and alignment with Boehringer Ingelheim business goals and objectives.
The Multi-site Facilities Director is a recognized leader in pharmaceutical research, development, and manufacturing, and possesses high?level Integrated Facilities Management skill and experience. The Director must work with the business units as appropriate both to gain an understanding of how Integrated Facilities Management can best support the strategic direction of the business, and to manage internal and external resources in the delivery of IFM Services which assist in supporting that strategic direction.
Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Responsible for achieving financial targets. Implementing appropriate plans and programs to meet and/or exceed the financial objectives within the account.
- Responsible to meet the changing needs for Integrated Facilities Management; develop IFM business plans in a constantly changing business environment. Provides data analysis, trending, and projection to recognize and take advantage of opportunities within the IFM scope of services
- Match service level agreements to site activity levels and program needs. Establish the strategic plans and management including assessing alternatives and understanding future customer requirements to ensure adequate future growth and development.
- Focus on providing value add services and driving productivity within Integrated Facilities Management organization. Establish goals and performance criteria and measurement processes to proactively manage the business.
- The Account/ Facilities Director is knowledgeable of IFM Best Practices in the global marketplace and sets the strategic direction for implementation of continuous improvement plans at the local level. Drive continuous improvement and innovation throughout account.
- Ensure that Integrated Facilities Management services and programs meet or exceed all UGL Services, internal and external regulatory authority requirements. Develop and maintain a consistent operational image, implementing account wide initiatives and producing a quality product in accordance with Company standards. Ensure effective customer satisfaction, service and relations by implementing processes and technology to deliver quality products and services.
- Oversee development and implementation of facility operating procedures and processes for specific sites and the facility management business (i.e. facility operating procedure, Safety and Hazardous Materials Programs , site contingency plans, recovery plans, Quality Plan, and site safety plans)
- Manages direct staff including, Site Operations/Facilities Managers and Staff, manages all centralized account team and other account managers. Leads indirect staff and matrix support team. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences. Builds a diverse workforce. Creates and maintains work environment that gives team members and teams responsibility/authority to achieve goals.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four?year college or university; or 10 to 15 years related experience and/or training at a senior level in an organization managing multiple facility operations with at least $10MM in revenue annually; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have multi?site/account experience.
- Knowledge and experience in pharmaceutical development and manufacturing in a research or GMP environment.
- Experience with operations and maintenance for a life sciences institution is required. Industry designation preferred. Ability to identify best practices within industry and a proven ability to apply across multi?site/account scope.
- Advanced level communicator to external and internal audiences, at all levels including senior management, regulators, and staff members. Communicates in open, clear, complete and timely manner.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Strong budget development, financial controls, and cost reduction strategies. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and technical problem solving. Ability to apply trending and forecasting. Operates with financial transparency.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Business Systems, Change Management, Financial Controls, Specialized IFM software capabilities, and general business analytical tools including spreadsheets and budgeting.
- Must be able to travel 30 – 50% of the time.
DTZ, a UGL company, is a global leader in property services. We build enduring partnerships, based on mutual respect and a shared understanding of each client’s diverse needs. With beginnings in 1784, DTZ’s strength, stability and tenacity continue to sustain our growth. We invest in our people, who provide an outstanding client experience. Serving many of the world’s greatest companies today, DTZ’s 24,200 people in 208 offices in 52 countries offer seamlessly integrated operations throughout Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific and the Americas.