Instrumentation and Controls Manager – Integrated Facilities
Longwood Medical Area in Boston, MA
DTZ understands and has diverse experience in fulfilling the complex operational requirements of our biotechnical, manufacturing and pharmaceutical clients worldwide. Real estate, energy and security solutions are critical factors and significant cost centers in these industries, which depend for the success of their missions on highly regulated spaces, precisely engineered for their intended use. Our life science clients rely on DTZ’s support in strategic decisions to acquire, build out, manage, upgrade and maintain their assets over time, to ensure all necessary compliance, safe occupation, and the best return on investment.
DTZ currently has an opportunity Instrumentation and Controls Manager – Integrated Facilities in the Longwood Medical Area in Boston, Massachusetts!
With strong leadership and communication skills, oversees energy and controls departments and work of subcontractors and provides solutions between client and team to support facilities department. The Instrumentation and Controls Manager reports to the Account Director and is responsible for the following activities:
• Provides leadership and motivation for all employees by communicating core belief and values to create a positive work environment through fairness and equality.
• Establishes goals and performance criteria and measurement processes to proactively manage employees. Coordinates implementation of annual performance objectives. Assists in developing a reporting format to track completion of these objectives.
• Maintains accuracy of site-specific documentation of all assets, including but not limited to property information books, as-built drawings, drawing review documents, site operating manuals and emergency operations manuals. Prepares work assignments for personnel and subcontractors.
• Supervises scheduled work tasks to reduce chances of business interruption. Works closely with Work Flow Manager and Operations Manager to coordinate work.
• Manages successful value-add deliveries of technical maintenance activities.
• Manages routine testing and certification services per regulatory compliance requirements.
• Oversees all work from initiation through work completion to ensure maintenance confirm to both DTZ and customer standards.
• Analyzes equipment performance reports and makes recommendations for improvement.
• Assists in developing and implementing an effective maintenance program. Schedules maintenance activities including work requests and maintenance. Works closely with client to ensure effects on operations are recognized, well planned and coordinated.
• Driving continuous improvement and innovation throughout account.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Facilities Management or related technical degree
• Minimum of 5 years of instrumentation and controls experience
• Minimum of 3 years of integrated facilities experience
• Minimum of 1-2 years of critical environment experience (critical environment = data centers, laboratories, cleanrooms or production environments)
• Ability to be available 24/7 for emergency situations or based on customer demand