Redstone Federal Credit Union is looking for an Assistant Vice President of the Direct Retail group in Huntsville, AL. Possible relocation offered for the right candidate! Under policy direction of the Vice President, Direct Retail, plans, organizes, integrates, manages and evaluates the day-to-day activities of the Credit Union’s Direct Retail division; oversees and directs planning and implementation of strategic plans; ensures projects are designed and implemented efficiently and effectively; directs division business continuity planning to minimize risk.
Are you looking for an employer who values Respect, Integrity, Soundness and Excellence? Consider a career with Redstone Federal Credit Union. These four values drive our culture, shaping Redstone into the largest credit union in Alabama and one of the top 25 in the nation!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintains a professional image and demeanor at all times consistently demonstrating Credit Union RISE Values and adhering to the Code of Ethics. Delivers friendly, caring service to internal and external members.
2. Plans, organizes, evaluates and manages the work of the Direct Retail division which includes all branch offices and Financial Counseling; utilizes resources effectively and implements plans, programs and work processes and procedures necessary to achieve designated results; coordinates and integrates functions within the division and across the Credit Union.
3. Participates in the development and implementation of business plans and budgets for area of responsibility; leads and manages staff in the delivery of new products, sales, services and overall approaches to serving members.
4. Provides leadership and works with supervisors and staff to develop and retain highly competent, member service oriented staff through training and day-to-day management practices that support the Credit Union’s mission and strategic goals.
5. Establishes performance requirements and objectives for staff; monitors and evaluates their performance; provides coaching and development opportunities, and finds ways to recognize performance; addresses performance deficiencies and takes disciplinary action if warranted, in accordance with Credit Union’s policies and procedures.
6. Supports branch management teams with their efforts to promote Credit Union reputation and growth by encouraging relationship building within the community, participation in civic organizations and events; develops and fosters relationships with current and potential service groups.
7. Finds ways to continually improve the efficiency of division processes to provide the best service to our members.
8. Maintains current knowledge of and ensures compliance with regulatory requirements and Credit Union policies and procedures; ensures that uniform operating procedures are developed based on the level of risk for all areas of responsibility.
9. Develops teamwork and collaborative relationships within the organization.
10. Promotes the Credit Union by participating in community involvement and special events.
11. Adheres to all security procedures and maintains strict confidentiality of all member information.
12. Completes training and self-study to achieve and maintain required knowledge of Credit Union products, services and overall operations.
13. Completes required on-line regulatory and compliance training, on a semi-annual basis, including but not limited to; Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering and USA Patriot Act.
14. Sets example through attendance and punctuality.
15. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
To perform this job satisfactorily, an employee must be able to carry out each essential duty competently.
The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, skills and abilities required.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
- Five years of progressively responsible retail banking experience with at least three years in a management role
SKILLS / ABILITIES
Ensure all internal and external customer service practices and processes are carried out and meet quality service standards and achieve member satisfaction.
Learn and apply information, on a wide range of Credit Union products, services and regulatory compliance requirements, in order to assess member situations and develop solutions.
Plan, organize and direct the day-to-day activities of the division.
Provide guidance in the resolution of complex problems utilizing advanced knowledge and experience within areas of responsibility.
Lead and model RISE values and Code of Ethics through daily interactions and conduct.
Promote and foster excellent member service and teamwork throughout division.
Communicate in a professional manner and deliver information clearly and effectively to staff. Actively listen to questions, opinions and ideas of others. Use tact and diplomacy in sensitive and confidential situations.
Use correct English including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
Operate computers and use business software and other standard office equipment.
Understand and follow written and oral instructions.
Set priorities and manage one’s own time effectively.
Banking, Finance, Management
Banking - Financial Services
privacy and protection
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective
employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and
be subject to the CareerBuilder.com
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Submit your email address to continue to Redstone Federal Credit Union
Assistant Vice President - Direct Retail
Enter notes about this job:
From (your email)
Please enter valid email address.
To (recipient's email)
Please enter valid email address.
Please help us monitor our job postings by providing us feedback on this job. If
you feel this job is miscategorized or some type of spam please let us know. Once
a job has been reported to us, we will investigate it further and make the appropriate
adjustments. If you require a response please submit your question or concern to
our Trust and Site Security Team