Telecommunication Technicians—experience how rewarding a career in the telecommunications industry can be! Join the nation’s largest fixed wireless broadband service provider – JAB Broadband. We are seeking an Installer / Repair Technician to join our team. Through our subsidiaries, we provide broadband Internet and digital voice connectivity to residential and business customers in 14 states. The latest digital fixed wireless technology, a dynamic culture, and good benefits are just some of the reasons we are an employer of choice. Don’t miss this opportunity to advance your career! Apply today!
We are looking for a customer-oriented Installer / Repair Technician with a passion for achieving high customer satisfaction and operational excellence. To succeed in this role, you must have excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of staff, including senior management, internal, and external customers. Do you think you have what it takes to be a part of our dynamic team? We want to hear from you!
Listed below is our job description for the Installer / Repair Technician. This position offers a starting wage of $17.00/hour, depending upon experience, as well as a competitive benefits package, which includes paid time off and healthcare coverage.
As an Installer / Repair Technician, you will perform initial setup as well as troubleshoot and repair high speed wireless Internet service for customers. You will be responsible for the basic maintenance of Company equipment and an assigned vehicle.
Installer / Repair Technician responsibilities:
- Mounting antenna/reflector on roof; running wiring from outside antenna to inside wall plate/plug; fastening wiring to outside roof/wall or run cable through attic to inside wall
- Aligning the antenna with the transmitter to achieve optimal performance; changing and moving the mount to adjust for new obstacles; replacing the antenna/radio and faulty wiring or connectors
- Adhering to the Company’s quality standards, policies, and procedures
- Using a courteous and professional approach to address customer questions and concerns; discussing equipment placement, cable routing, paperwork completion, etc.
- Performing basic personal computer (PC) and Local Area Network (LAN) setup and repair
- Assisting customers with initial PC configuration; demonstrating Email account setup, LAN setup, and basic Internet Service Provider (ISP) use
- Cleaning up after customer installation; removing boxes, pieces of cable, and sheetrock dust
- Setting up Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) telephone equipment and testing for proper functionality
- Completing all installation and repair paperwork
- Determining which tools are needed for scheduled installations; organizing and loading equipment into Company vehicle
- Notifying appropriate parties immediately of any issues which may affect efficient operations
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility which will ever be required of an employee in this position, however, the employee will be held responsible for all duties assigned.