Receptionist Job Description:
Provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. The receptionist will be responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate associates, mail distribution, flow of correspondence, requisition of supplies as well as additional clerical duties.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Answers telephones and directs the caller to the appropriate associate. Will transfer a caller to an associate’s voice mailbox when the associate is unavailable.
- Greets and directs visitors.
- Takes and retrieves messages for various personnel.
- Provides callers with information such as company address, directions to the company location, company fax numbers, company website and other related information.
- Receives, sorts and forwards incoming mail. Maintains and routes publications.
- Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.)
- Assists in the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies.
- Assists with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing and collating.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Technical Capacity.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Flexibility is required.
No travel is expected for this position.