GKN is a global engineering and manufacturing company focused on the aerospace and automotive industries with operations in more than thirty countries and employs 43,000 people in its subsidiaries. The St. Louis site mission is to delight the customer through innovative and best value global aerospace solutions. We provide our customers unbiased design and development support in metals, composites and RTM assemblies to meet cost and performance objectives as well as manufacturing capabilities to meet those objectives. GKN St. Louis is currently looking for a Cost Accountant.
Perform professional accounting duties under the direction of an accounting manager. Perform cost accounting tasks such as cost data accumulation, reviewing standard and actual costs for variances, reporting on cost and margin of products, and identifying and resolving problems that have financial cost impacts.
1) Conduct ongoing cost data accumulation to identify cost constraints, target costing projects and tracing costs back to underlying activities.
2) Review standard and actual costs for variances and report variances to management for business decision making purposes.
3) Validate cost of goods sold as part of the month end close process.
4) Performing reconciliation of cost accounts as part of the month end close process.
5) Work with supply chain and IT to understand cost data points.
6) Coordinate physical inventories including understanding difference between physical counts and financial records.
7) Work with program management related to locating and disposing of obsolete inventory.
8) Identify and resolve problems that have a direct or indirect impact on financial results. Identifying cost reduction opportunities.