SWBC has been recognized as one of the Best Companies to Work for in Texas and has an immediate opening for a Sr. IT Project Manager located at our corporate headquarters in San Antonio, TX. This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to join an energetic and seasoned team, with an established and expanding national firm.
Headquartered in San Antonio, SWBC is a diversified financial services company providing a wide range of insurance, mortgage, and investment services to financial institutions, businesses, and individuals. With offices across the country, SWBC is committed to providing quality products, outstanding service, and customized solutions in all 50 states.
Utilizes senior level project management skills in a lead/mentor role on the Project Management team, and is a functional liaison between Information Technology and SWBC divisions and departments. Responsible for the overall planning, management and completion of one or multiple IT projects on a wide variety of business units and programs. Manages the life cycle of projects related to the development and implementation of new or improved systems, services, and processes to ensure delivery within the three prescribed bounds of project management - time, cost, and scope. Applies professional principles, techniques and best practices, and adheres to the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Position has ultimate responsibility for planning, definition, estimation, scheduling, monitoring, risk management, escalation, reporting, closure, and customer satisfaction.
- Applies strategic and change management concepts in the treatment of project risks, scope changes, budget variances and any other contingencies that may arise during the project phases; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; communicates delays and recommends schedule and/or resource modifications; addresses budget allocation issues; defines and documents all stakeholder requests that modify the original project deliverables; ensures approval of change requests.
- Facilitates the development of requirements and functional specifications; performs research into solutions in the marketplace and recommends viable IT solutions; participates in the development of Requests for Proposals (RFP) and performs review/analysis and scoring of responses in preparation for final decision.
- Develops detailed technology project plans and phase definitions in collaboration with Information Technology teams, to include: requirements, analysis, design, development, software quality assurance, testing, and implementation timelines; obtains sponsor and stakeholder acceptance of documented artifacts throughout the life of the project.
- Facilitates business case analysis on approved project proposals and assists in the development of project charters, including cost estimation, project duration, expected benefits, and projected return on investment.
- Provides guidance and leadership to project management team members as necessary in planning, execution, and delivery of projects; establishes standards for consistency.
- Aligns technology project plans with business project plans; performs detailed analysis of milestones, dependencies, and schedules from both plans to help identify risks or issues, and to ensure plan synchronization.
- Coordinates with business entities, Information Technology, and project team members to ensure resource availability and work assignments; identifies roles of project team members; establishes project reporting structures and frequency of interaction. Prescribes clear ownership for project tasks; ensures that team members have necessary tools; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; determines training requirements.
- Defines and maintains all implementation processes, manages the implementation lifecycle through collaboration with business-provided project managers and Information Technology teams; Monitors transition to production environment and evaluates/documents the results.
- Prepares Lessons Learned document and closes all project artifacts, obtaining sign-off by business entity. Organizes artifacts in Project Repository.
- Assists in the transition to stakeholder control by providing oversight and support for 30 days, post-implementation.
- Performs other duties as required.