CareGivers are either STNA (State Tested Nurse Aides) CNA’S (Certified Nurse Aides) or PCPs (Personal Care Providers). CareGivers must be reliable, dependable, honest, and caring. CareGivers are not allowed to smoke in clients’ homes and must have their own transportation. Some may need to take clients to appointments or run errands. This will require them to possess a valid driver’s license and to have current automobile insurance. CareGivers must be observant enough to recognize changes in their clients, and be capable of alerting the appropriate medical personnel if necessary.
Nature of job:
CareGivers provide paraprofessional services to the agency’s home care clients, as assessed in the care plan and in compliance with the client’s Service Agreement.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
1. Experience as a CareGivers in a home care setting or nursing home.
2. Must meet hiring criteria as defined in the agency’s minimum standards.
3. Must be able to function with minimal supervision, accepting personal responsibility for maintaining a professional relationship with the client.
4. Must accept responsibility for maintaining skills and learning on an ongoing basis, as well as adhering to agency policies.
Scope of Position:
1. Reports to Homewatch CareGivers supervisor.
2. Does not administer medication or perform any procedures requiring the knowledge or skills of a licensed nurse or registered therapist.
1. Responsible for assisting the agency’s clients with their personal care needs in accordance with the care plan and qualifications (STNA/CNA/PCP/HHA).
2. Responsible for assisting clients with activities of daily living in a safe and beneficial manner.
1. Able to work an average of 20-40 hours per week.
2. Able to bend, climb, stoop, and stand an average of 5 hours per day.
3. Able to lift 20-30 pounds.
4. Able to use tools necessary for job.
5. Able to communicate effectively.