MUST BE AN EXPERIENCED EHS MANAGER: NO EXCEPTIONS.
Environmental Health Safety & Security Manager
Location: Salt Lake area
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree Environment, Health/Safety related field
• Minimum of 7 year’s related experience in a manufacturing plant or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Work experience in industrial hygiene, behavioral based safety management systems
• Experience conducting Industrial Hygiene surveys, EHS&S audits, ensuring compliance with EHS regulations
Summary: This position serves as a member of the management team and effectively leads the Environmental, Health/Safety & Security (EHS&S) management system for the entire facility. Routinely tours all plants/areas and proactively identifies opportunities to enhance EHS&S efforts and results. Successfully collaborates with all site personnel, contractors, regulators, and corporate staff and provides full spectrum support in the EHS&S effort.
• Direction of site leadership in best EHS&S practices and continual related process improvement
• Provide oversight for 2 Safety Supervisors, 1 Environmental Engineer and 1 Safety Admin and will also direct the sites security contractors (Securitas)
• Implementation and maintenance of EHS&S policy and procedures
• Sustain and continuously improve the site’s EHS&S Management System
• Maintain injury/illness records and reports; analyze data for trend identification for exposure elimination, risk reduction and injury prevention
• Lead Trend Analysis and proposed programs/focus/tool box information to mitigate based on specific opportunities for improvement
• Develop and conduct training programs for entire workforce
• Develop Industrial Hygiene monitoring program
• Conduct EHS&S audits, recommending and assisting in the correction of hazards identified
• Participate in and administer the Joint Health & Safety Committee
• Administer the medical management program for injured employees; direct worker’s compensation program ensuring effective return-to-work and light-duty programs
• Ensure compliance with applicable federal & state EHS&S regulations
• Report required information on a timely, accurate & complete basis to regulatory agencies and to the corporate office
• Uphold and promote Integrity, Respect, Collaboration, Value Creation and High Performance.
• Lead, participate in, support and train on Incident Investigations (Apollo – Incident Investigation System)
• Safety, Health and Environmental Culture improvement through developing site priorities, progress and communications
• Ensure compliance with environmental, health and safety regulations
• Report required information to regulatory agencies and the corporate office
• Direct and maintain worker’s compensation, training, industrial hygiene and safety records
• Implementation and maintenance of American Chemistry Council Responsible Care management system and associated certification
• The ideal candidate will possess a proven track record in the design, set-up, implementation and continuous improvement of safety management systems such as lock-out/tag-out, confined space entry, electrical safe practices, fall protection, etc.
• Candidate must be well-versed in OSHA regulations with particular emphasis in Title V and NPDES programs
• Candidate must be well-versed with the EPA and Utah DEQ
• Experience with Responsible Care® and behavioral-based safety programs will be a plus