ASE Certified Master Technician & Technician
A Master Technician is primarily responsible for the efficient diagnosis, repair, and replacement of general automotive parts and accessories. A successful Master Technician will have direct interaction with customers and deliver superior service through educating the customer on the problems and proposed solutions for their vehicle. A Master Technician will conduct a wide variety of diagnoses and repairs; including but not limited to brakes, drivability, emissions, steering and suspension, electrical, state safety and emissions testing, maintenance services, HVAC, starting and charging, and major engine.
As Leaders, all Technicians are Expected to Drive These Five Priorities:
Associates: a successful Technician will be recognized and respected by fellow associates for having a passion for cars, “doing it right, the first time" and proactively seeking to produce a positive and productive work environment.
Customers: a Pep Boys Technician will be known as the industry leader in providing our customers with superior service that is rooted in honesty, thoroughness, expertise and a passion for transforming our customers into educated automotive consumers.
Sales: will be expected to drive sales by ensuring a thorough vehicle inspection is completed for every car that comes into the shop or the Drive-Up Service lane. A Technician will recommend necessary repairs, as well as, make recommendation pertaining to scheduled maintenance, vehicle enhancements or upgrades.
Profits: will be expected to help improve the profitability of Pep Boys by working in a safe manner and treating each customer’s vehicle with caution and care. Will also be expected to take an active role in improving profit margins through accident reduction and decreasing general loss liability.
Growth: a Technician will contribute to the growth of the organization by exceeding sales and profit goals and providing our customers with superior service. Providing superior service leads to repeat customers, increased earnings, a positive reputation within the community and provides an opportunity for expansion and growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Other duties may be assigned)
- A Technician is responsible for all aspects of diagnosing and repairing a customer’s vehicle, as well as, caring for the vehicle while it is being repaired and properly securing it after the repair is completed.
- Pep Boys strictly adheres to a “do it right the first time" philosophy.
- Expected to comply with Pep Boy’s policies and procedures, loss prevention, safety, and environmental codes/ordinances. Will ensure training completions are maintained at 100%.
- Will be a resource regarding technical matters related to installation and proper application of parts and accessories, while also providing accurate and effective direction, advice and assistance to service advisors, other technicians, commercial, retail, and parts associates.
- Will passionately focus on customer needs, and drive the service center’s performance with the highest degree of integrity and trust. Must be approachable by both customers and associates.
- The successful Technician will be expected to maintain technical capabilities to ensure proficient use of service equipment and maintain certification status.