What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years crating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
Under the direction of the Director, Property, Sales & Use Tax, management and preparation of the sales/use tax monthly compliance processes (data gathering, monthly funding, location charge back, reconciliations of tax liability accounts, journal entry) for assigned business units (200+ manufacturing facilities) to ensure that all systems and procedures comply with International Paper Financial.
Policies and with the reporting requirements of the state and local taxing jurisdictions (40 states).
- All International Paper business groups and locations (200+ manufacturing facilities); taxing authorities in 40+ state and local jurisdictions.
- Manage the month end process for compiling tax data for compliance reporting including accounts payable transaction accruals, applicable journal vouchers, sales transactions, and adjustments made by the Corporate Sales and Use Tax group.
- Manage and support all questions from State and Local taxing jurisdiction related to return and registration requirements.
- Support inquiries from various internal business groups and outside compliance team
- Assist with sales and use tax audits.
- Auditor appointment scheduling and pre-audit briefing, troubleshooting, preliminary review of auditor reports, and refund coordination of potential overpayments of tax.
- Advanced Excel and Access skills.
- Knowledge of SAP and ability to post journal entries within all related tax accounts.
- Knowledge of JDE and ability to navigate system.
- Multiple taxing jurisdictions with diverse laws, regulations and exemptions, and changes in compliance reporting.
- Managing change in business processes and systems.
- Review and prepare sales tax data files for all 200+ manufacturing facilities within month end period in order to file monthly tax returns.
- Tax accrual and tax planning for 300+ manufacturing locations.
- Compliance reporting for 40 states and multiple local jurisdictions.
- Data gathering from multiple systems and locations.
- Potential audit defense in 40 states and multiple local jurisdictions.