Are you eager to join a culture that is able and committed to making a difference in people's lives? La Clinica's vision is to be the premier community health center, rooted in the concepts of wellness, preventions and patient-centered care. In order to achieve our vision, we strive to attract and inspire an engaged workforce that can provide the best patient care experience. We serve low-income families and are committed to providing culturally and linguistically appropriate care regardless of insurance or ability to pay. As a Nutritionist II, you will have a unique opportunity to work at the top of your skills and licensure in providing critical and seamless support to a team and to interface with a multicultural patient population. You will also have rich and meaningful opportunities to learn the newest technologies in healthcare such as NextGen Practice Management and Health Records Systems.
The Nutritionist II will conduct nutrition screening, assessment and counseling a diverse population on various nutrition related diseases such as hypertension, high cholesterol, obesity, diabetes, as well as implement nutrition care plans patients with diabetes, pre-diabetes, gestational diabetes and other high risk pregnancies, hypertension, obesity and hyperlipidemia. Assist in curriculum, educational, development and implementation of material development, teaching classes and quality improvement work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts nutrition screening, assessment and counseling, and implements nutrition care plans for low and high risk patients with diabetes, pre-diabetes, gestational diabetes, and other high risk pregnancies, hypertension, obesity, hyperlipidemia.
- Provides individual nutrition and health counseling for those with overweight, diabetes, hypertension and dyslipidemia.
- Maintains documentation by charting SOAP notes in the progress notes.
- May develop and participation group nutrition education programs and medical group visits (i.e. diabetes, child obesity, dyslipidemia, hypertension).
- Collects and reviews material for education such as pamphlets, audio-visual aids, books and handouts. May assist in the development and evaluation of culturally relevant nutrition education materials.
- Assists in data entry and retrieval and other quality improvement efforts for the department.
- Promotes site based employee wellness efforts.
- May provide in-service nutrition/health education to staff and community partners.
- Participates in meetings related to nutrition, clinical health education and wellness as required/assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.