Maplewood Care Center is seeking a full time Business Office Assistant to assist with their Accounts Receivable function.
The Business Office Assistant is responsible for maintaining the accounts receivable function of our skilled nursing and assisted living facilities in an accurate and timely manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
First and foremost, the Accounts Receivable Business Office Assistant will be responsible for the accurate maintenance of the Accounts Receivable Ledger for the health care campus. Other duties will include:
1. Prepare daily bank deposit.
a. Call to Cash fax.
b. Deliver to bank.
2. Perform Resident Personal Account Functions:
a. Enters personal fund deposits and withdrawals to trust ledgers.
b. Updates ledgers not less than once per week.
c. Applies interest quarterly to Resident Trust Ledgers.
d. Prints updated ledgers daily and distributes appropriately.
e. Prints and mails monthly statements to residents or family members.
f. Performs month-end on personal fund accounts.
3. Perform routine office clerical duties:
a. File computer generated reports.
b. File all input documents in appropriate files.
c. Maintain postage supply and monitor postage meter.
4. Monitor flow of printing and distribute accordingly.
5. Program Business Office Manager coverage in the absence of Business Office Manager.
a. Input census changes.
b. Enter bank deposit.
6. Attends required in-services & completes assigned on-line modules
7. Perform other duties as assigned by the Business Office Manager.