ZOLL LifeVest, a Pittsburgh-based subsidiary of ZOLL Medical Corporation, develops, manufactures and markets a wearable defibrillator for persons with Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) risk in the United States and Europe. The LifeVest is worn by patients at risk for sudden cardiac arrest (SCA), providing protection during their changing condition and while permanent SCA risk has not been established.
The LifeVest allows a patient’s physician time to assess their long-term arrhythmic risk and make appropriate plans. The LifeVest is lightweight and easy to wear, allowing patients to return to their activities of daily living, while having the peace of mind that they are protected from SCA. The LifeVest continuously monitors the patient’s heart and, if a life-threatening heart rhythm is detected, the device delivers a treatment shock to restore normal heart rhythm.
The LifeVest is used for a wide range of patient conditions or situations, including following a heart attack, before or after bypass surgery or stent placement, as well as for those with cardiomyopathy or congestive heart failure that places them at particular risk. The LifeVest is covered by most health plans in the United States, including commercial, state, and federal plans.
Drive the development, management, and execution of new product portfolio and applied research / technology portfolio strategies and tactical plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading and driving the development, management, and execution of new product portfolio and applied research / technology portfolio strategies and tactical plans, including market analysis, concept development, and VOC, in partnership with Engineering, to ensure the process is focused on customer needs and time-to-market.
- Lead role in the development and execution of regulatory strategy for new product approvals.
- Collaborate with Manager of Clinical Operations to develop clinical plans that support new products from initial phases to market release.
- Foster relationships with key clinical individuals / organizations within the industry.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
This position will have management responsibility over a department of Marketing Managers and Product Managers. Coach / player to product management.